xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios Problem ( I Think)  (Read 86 times)

mcreech

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« on: November 19, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

Anyone?  I normally wouldn't bump so soon, but I need to figure out if this could be an issue with the chip.  Thanks!

cravavr3

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

Try using a CD and cromwell and write M8 to a bank on chip and see if it takes it or not.  If it takes it try booting from that bank.

mcreech

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  EB2K said that is sounds like the chip is at fault, but I would think that if that were true, them I shouldn't be able to flash and boot Cromwell.  I be back after I try loading from disc.

cravavr3

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

I've personally ran into a  few quarks with Avalaunch and X-Chip and went back to Evolution X,  

Yes I know Avalaunch is nicer and cleaner, but you can make similiar skin in Evolution X

You are right if you can wriet comwell and boot cromwell chip should be fine, maybe your forgetting a simple step or are writting a corrupted Evox 1.2, maybe try a new download.

mcreech

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Tried the disc method, didn't work either.  When I originally wrote the chip, I used "load raw" and loaded X-chip v1.2, which worked.  Using the same download, I tried again after this problem came up, no good.  Downloaded several times and tried each, still no good.  I know it's unlikely, but is there a chance that the source file on xbins is corrupted, leading to several bad downloads?  Thanks for helping me out on this!

UPDATE:  Downloaded my chosen BIOS again, and flashed using "load raw" in X-control.  Once again, didn't work.  I refuse to believe that this is the chip as EB2K told me it may be.  I'm flashing just as I did originally, so I know the method works.  I'm lost here.

UPDATE #2:  Culprit found!  Bad EEPROM somehow, reflashing with my backup now.

rtheil

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

Funny, I had a very similar problem. Very odd. Unplug all controllers and try rebooting a few times. Also, many times when a second controller is plugged in, it won't boot. I've also had problems with the 1st controller plugged in.

mcreech

• Archived User
Bios Problem ( I Think)
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

Actually, I just restored my EEPROM and it's fine now.  Everything is back to normal, so I can finally get back to Madden.