xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios To Use For Stealth Install  (Read 62 times)

cravavr3

• Archived User
Bios To Use For Stealth Install
« on: September 14, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

Use Evox 1.1 on chip( found usual places ), press start on power up to configure your avalaunch location.  Also downlaod has nice manual

matrix, nor chameleon had websites either, but then again why you say no support???? ever visit eb2k's help-forums?????

BTW , I can tell you don't read, as you installed M8 16 and M8, read readme files that come with that bios, you could have toasted your xbox if using wrong bios on xbox version.

manicbomber

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

BTW I can tell you jump to conclusions, because none of the bios that I got came with a manual or any other kind of documentation.  

There is not a whole lot in the way of tutorials when it comes to which BIOS to choose, so you end up digging through forums.  I don't find the fact that you named two other chips without pages to disprove my point?  See logic 101 here - I said that they should have a page, and if there are chips that have pages then those are better, and obviously that's my opinion.

I used the bios you spoke of in your post, and it does not have an option to load from F: which is where the install happens during the Stealth install.  So, I have to wonder how much YOU read.

reubend

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

cool.gif

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

If you grabbed bios's taht do not contain readme's nor nfo files I would not trust sources.

Only place i suggest is IRD efnet #xbins channel for all official releases,

Also check out http://www.evolutionx.info/ on info on Evox 1.1 Bios and features which are all enabled with the X-Chip only.

manicbomber

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

xbins was the place that I grabbed the bios with no documentation.

manicbomber

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

And seriously, while you think that's cute with your "simple google search", you failed horribly at comprehension.  I already said (more than once, I wonder if you can read at all?) that I did not want to do the whole forum crawl.  You directed me to the "official forum", which is little more than a mess of people like it is HERE and EVERYWHERE ELSE.

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

Just to see, i downloaded both M8 and Evox 1.0 and Evox 1.1 again from #xbins, to my surprise M8 had .nfo file telling onlu use M8_16.bin on 1.6 boxes and M8.bin on others.

Evox 1.0 has nfo file and Evox 1.1 even has a PDF manual.

ARe you sure you whre using official servers ( EFNET )  not any other servers ( DALNET, etc )

I personally don't care, as I see nfo, manual and readme files on all I downloaded, only way you could have gotten M8 or M8_16 without nfo or readme is if its a modified/hacked version for spalsh screen color, IGR, or LBA48.  All of which are not official and non supported by evolution X who created it.

If you have a X-Chip use Evox 1.1 offers a hell alot of more possibilities and the option you wabt STEALTH, enough said you asked for how and theres the anser EVOX 1.1!!!!!!!

manicbomber

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

There is already another topic about this on the forum.  I guess there is a program that will modify the bios so that it will look where I instruct it.  I guess the only question now is how safe is it really to start changing the bios with a program?  I mean, it just doesn't sound safe to me.

Scan-C

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »

if you mean xbtool or evtool both are great! never had a corrupted bios.

Aphex242

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

smile.gif