xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Am A N00b, Help!  (Read 114 times)

cookberg

• Archived User
I Am A N00b, Help!
« on: July 05, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

OK, I have had an X-BIT for awhile now, and about half a year ago I tried to install it and never got it working, so now I want to give it another try, can somebody help me out?

I remember when I tried it that I need to burn bios(i think) to a CD.  I couldnt get it to work though because I have a T-Drive...:(  So can somebody give me some help, or post a VERY informative step-by-step guide?
Thanks!

BTW...if somebody would want to buy this I am willing to sell for $20 because it is a headache.

This post has been edited by cookberg: Jul 5 2005, 11:45 PM

masterk

• Archived User
I Am A N00b, Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

I have the same problem.
I have a xbox 1.6 with xbit + 1.6 adapter.
I still don't know what to do, so if someone has some kind of manual or something with pictures, that would be nice :D

SneakySniper

• Archived User
I Am A N00b, Help!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

First off you don't burn a BIOS to a CD, you flash it to your chip via the software you can download from X-bits official site. www.dms3.com

Do that then install the chip then come back and say if you have any problems.

Look at that site for manuals how to install and use the dip switches for the external board.

If you don't know where to get a BIOS you should try #xbins on a MIRC channel then follow instructions from there that they provide you with.

The X-bit itself is qutie easy actually, from that same channel you will probally want to get Slayer 2.6 or another Dashboard like that to replace your original M$ dashboard when the chip is on.