xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5 And Winxp - Not Connecting For Flash?  (Read 329 times)

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 And Winxp - Not Connecting For Flash?
« on: April 21, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

V1.0 xbit has no gold background where th B and Y letters are.

Unplug any uneeded USB devices, make sure you never put the application in the background, try a different PC.

grausshoppa

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

Acually scratch that virtual basic files I wrote about. Thats for something eles

RoadRashed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »

I am having the exact same problem as the original poster....

I have a V1.5 XBIT, I am using Windows XP.  My computer is a P4 with an 865PERL Intel board (USB 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller), and I have tried both the XP version of the XBIT software and the original.....withe same results.

When I plug in the external XBIT board, the green light comes on, and XP recognizes the board as a "USB Human Interface Device".

I'm about to smash this thing with a hammer...... tongue.gif

BTW, I've also tried flashing it on my other computer that runs Window 2000.  It's a AMD board with a VIA chipset.  Same freakin' results......and I am using the Win2000 XBIT flashing software on that machine.

Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance.

BoomerX01

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

Hey guys,

The chip is 1.5. I trying some stuff right now but no luck so far.

BoomerX01

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

I have another 1.5 chip that I am trying on different PC's and XBIT 1.5 will NOT connect to the damn chip.

Using different USB ports, chipsets, all running WinXp, and I using the XBIT 1.5 XP utility.  Any suggestions?

hammerdown

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

I'm seeing the same exact problem.  I have a winxp system with soyo motherboard and AMD athlon xp processor.  I'm not sure what the chipset is.  The computer recognizes a USB device but I can't seem to connect to the xbit for flashing.  Can anyone shed some light ontu this?  Thanks in advance.

grausshoppa

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

do you guys get any errors Are you disconnecting all other usb devices   This is a long shot but you could try doing it in safe mode

hammerdown

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

ezspooner

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 07:17:00 AM »

i had the same problem initially, but then uplugged all USB devices from the computer and plugged the chips's cable directly into a motherboard USB slot on the back.  hubs and USB ports attached to the motherboard via a cable don't seem to work.  try every motherboard port and also make sure the black and yellow cables are the right way round.  the dip switch positions make no difference to whether you can connect or not.

xt07t

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

I just received my xbit 1.5 and had the same problem on my PC. The problem for me, turns out, was that my desktop PC was using usb 1. When I moved the cable to my laptop (same OS WinXP) which uses usb2.0, it connected right away with no problems.  I don't know if this will resolve your issue, but I DID try it on another computer with a USB1.0 port in the front and a USB2.0 card installed. Worked on 2.0 but not on 1.0.  Just a thought.