xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Freezes After Turning On  (Read 155 times)

sygma

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes After Turning On
« on: February 19, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

I'm no pro, but I have worked on my own box quite a bit. I would start with the easy stuff. update the bios to what ever version and the EvolutionX files to 3935. make sure the cooling fan is working and blowing air out the back of the xbox, not sucking air in. hope this helps......

Incognito1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

i have the same problem.   i havea version 1.3 and i modded with an xbit like almost 2 yrs ago and had a 120 gig in there.  so one day i was loading a game and it froze. i turned my xbox off and back on and i got the hdd error the dead hdd error i think is 07 or somethin.  so i put the original hdd in there and i stuck the hd in my pc it worked fine and asked my if i wanted to format it i said no because it said that tehers data on the hdd. stuck back into the box and it wont read.. so i stuck back in my pc formatted and now its in my pc and i put a 160 gig in my xbox and flashed new bios and now i get ur problem.  when i turn the xbox on it freezes after the flubber. so i have to turn it off then on and it will load evox.  and sometimes it does it when im in evox and i put a game in and go to launch dvd and it will go to the load screen and freeze   weird..........................

xboxnerd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(sygma @ Feb 19 2005, 11:25 AM)
I'm no pro, but I have worked on my own box quite a bit. I would start with the easy stuff. update the bios to what ever version and the EvolutionX files to 3935. make sure the cooling fan is working and blowing air out the back of the xbox, not sucking air in. hope this helps......

xboxnerd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

Ok nevermind,

I just flashed the EvoX M8+ 16 BIOS onto my system, and so far so good. Took me a while to figure it out, but thanks to the forum guides I was able to get it done!  

I'll see whether it freezes at startup again.   I hope this new one is more stable.

By the way, before I had flashed it, i was playing Halo 2 from my hard drive, and it froze at one point in the game, and then the XBox started acting weird after I rebooted it.. i.e. it would not start up again, then later I got the Error 07 message.  Then finally after some rebooting it came back up to the dashboard, but it was showing the original skin (I couldnt change the skins either, as the other ones weren't shown!)... and some of the menu options were in red!    So then I rebooted using my Slayer 2.6 CD and it came up to the normal dashboard (not the Slayer CD one, BTW).  Weird.    I was pretty ticked off though, at the guy who sold it to me without telling me about these issues!

It's ok so far....

xboxnerd

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

Turned my XBOX on this morning and it was ok. Turned it on again after 15 minutes and it froze at the bootup screen.  Arghhhh!!!!   I was able to fix it by just power cycling it once.   So this happens when using M8+ 16 BIOS on my 1.6 XBOX w/ X-BIT mod...

I will probably check out the X2 4983.06 BIOS tonight.

sygma

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

Yep, 4983 thats what I'm using. post back with your progress.

xboxnerd

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(sygma @ Feb 25 2005, 12:40 PM)
Yep, 4983 thats what I'm using. post back with your progress.

Ultima

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxnerd @ Feb 25 2005, 07:11 PM)
I have a 1.6 XBox, and 4983.06 doesn't work on it.  It just frags.

sygma

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »

I have 1.4 and 4983.67, works fine.

xboxnerd

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

Well I never knew that it would not work until I tried it.

sygma

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ultima @ Feb 25 2005, 09:11 PM)
Erm.... as far as I know, you can only use the Evox M8_Plus bios on a 1.6...

sygma

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

xboxnerd, the nfo file on the m8 bios says   M8plus_16.BIN Is also based on the 5838 kernel and has the same features as M7.
It will ONLY work on XBOX version 1.6 and 1.6B                  

Do you think you may have a bad chip?

xboxnerd

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(sygma @ Feb 25 2005, 05:57 PM)
xboxnerd, the nfo file on the m8 bios says   M8plus_16.BIN Is also based on the 5838 kernel and has the same features as M7.

sygma

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

Hmmmm....   Not sure if this would really prove hard drive trouble, but disable the xbit and play from the dvd for a while. turn the xbox off and on as you normally would to try and duplicate the trouble with the chip disabled. I would try that for a couple of days or what ever you think is a reasonable time to wait for the trouble.