xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Woes On 4 Different X-bit's  (Read 104 times)

ArtemisKitty

• Archived User
Flashing Woes On 4 Different X-bit's
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

edit: Same results in safe mode.
oh, and I also tried earlier both  normal and just now in safe mode with not only the onboard 1.1 USB controller, but threw a USB2.0 card in the PC for a moment as well (not in there anymore) to see if that'd work, if it was controller related and could be fixed, forgot to mention that in the original post. Nada. Same results.
Also, I added the status LED that would normally be on the daughterboard (with the switches) to the one of the X-Bit chips directly, based again on the pinouts from the boards here. When first plugged in, they light up (plugged into USB for flashing) but as soon as I start to erase or whatever, the LED goes out. Nothing more, never comes back, never flashes or anything. Same thing on the chips with or without the LED. Just figured it'd be a convenient thing to have on there, so I could route the LED to the front of the Xbox on clear cases, give an instant heads up on the status of the chip.

ArtemisKitty

• Archived User
Flashing Woes On 4 Different X-bit's
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »

Holy CRAP that transfer is slow. Took it to another PC... no good. Tried the library's Dell.... no go. Hmm, well that sucks. Then I remembered I had to feed a friend's fish while he's out of town. His Soyo Dragon Kt600 motherboard works fine with the onboard USB2.0 ports. Whee! And it takes a LONG, LONG time to flash 4 chips with multiple bios versions. Oy. On the other hand I got these cheap so I can't really complain. Anyone know where to get extra/spare/new boards for the outside? I need 4 of the usb/switch boards. Well, 3 really, one of these will never be used with anything but the GentooX loader bios.