xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does The Xbit V1.5 Software Do Anything?  (Read 136 times)

kamui999

• Archived User
Does The Xbit V1.5 Software Do Anything?
« on: November 24, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »

Same thing happened sat morning the memory bank on the actual xbit chip v1.5 I just ordered was never sodered onto the board great quality  mad.gif I contacted the place I ordered my chip from still waiting for a reply.

wango

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (belikemike121 @ Nov 24 2004, 07:31 AM)
Alright guys....i know its long but bare through it....

I just bought an XBIT for my friend, agreeing to do the install and everything for him.  This would be my 7th XBIT install (1st XBIT v1.5 install).  Although it was a different version, I thought nothing of it and it would be as easy as the 1.0's.  Damn how i was wrong....First thing I tried doing (which I always do first) is flash it before installing it.  I downloaded the v1.5 software for both XP and Windows 2K (i have 2 diff. comps).  Neither have USB mice or keyboards and the Windows 2K machine is USB 1.1, XP is USB 2.0.  When I plug the XBIT into the USB port of either computer, it recognizes the chip, the chip lites up green and the software will connect perfectly normal.  This is where I am confused.  In the old software (v1.0) it would detect if you had a BIOS configuration and if not required you to format the chip.  But now, in v1.5....once I connect it enables all the different chip configuration sets (the option buttons).  Also when I hit "format" it just says "Format started" and does nothing.  I have no idea what to do!  I have tried every combination I could think of as to what option buttons and command buttons to press in which order.....no success.  I am starting to think the v1.5 software doesnt do anything!  Whenever I get sick of staring at "format started", i just click on "write", select a bios, and it appears to write it but if I go to verify it just comes up with an error at a certain memory address. (0x0001c or somthing).  This is making absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.  I dont understand how I can "write" a bios if i havent formatted it to a configuration yet but the software appears to allow me to do that.  It also appears as though no code was written in the program to do anything once someone clicks on "Format" other than change the label caption to "Format started". I ran out of ideas so I hope to find some here. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thanx guys.

P.S.  I think DMS fukked up huge this time.

Hi to all It's exactly and perfectly described ..... Same thing for me....I have try with 3 computers Xp, 2 under 98 without any usb devices  and  nothing happens !!! so what to do ??

ducatitommy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

Exactly the same thing happens to me. Any solutions?

mnsherick

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

Hey min pretends to flash but doesn't I don't know what it is, I found some poor soldering on some of the main chips maybe these things are manufactured shitty.

-Matt

prime2134

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

I am another poor sucker sitting here at 4 am trying to get this 1.5 chip to work. Is there another flashing program that might work better?

tobeno

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Same deal.

Has anyone even been able to load the xp software, if yes, how

thagr8one55

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(tobeno @ Dec 21 2004, 09:38 PM)
Same deal.

thagr8one55

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(tobeno @ Dec 21 2004, 09:38 PM)
Same deal.

_mikec_

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(thagr8one55 @ Dec 21 2004, 01:40 PM)
i was able to succesfully get the 1.5 software to work using a xp sp2 after disconnecting every single usb connection. i got the same stuff "writing but then checking and nothing was there" when i tried using v1.0 software. so, make sure your're using 1.5 and disconnect all usb connections would be my advice

y2kcurt

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

Another xbit sucker, same exact issue for me. I have tried xp sp1, xp sp2, win 98se, using all versions of xbit software and still have the same issues as described above. NO OTHER USB devices are plugged in any of the pc's that I have tested. There is definately something we are missing here. I have installed the old xbit 1.0 version without any issues, the new 1.5 is jacked up.  Any idea where we can buy the old version? Thanks

_mikec_

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

you guys should not wait any longer, if you know your chip is still under warranty just send it back and get a new one.. this is what i did with my very first chip.
another advice is to try to use other computerS.. when version 1.0 was out i had an AMD and an Intel computer, 1.0 was not working on my AMD so i was flashing with my Intel computer.

permiggs

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

I have tried XP SP1 SP2, Win 2k, 98, Mill, tried non NVidia, tried unpluggin all usb's, upside-down, inside-out... Nothing seems to make it work... uhh.gif

Dragonballs

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

dry.gif  Hi , the only way that i find to flash my xbit 1.5 proplly was in a: " Via" Chip based motherboard  , in Nvidia  i coldnt  . but the Xbox only turns on ok ,if Xbit chip is proply installed .  the operative sistem was  Win Xp  Sp1 .
to flash try to configurate the jumpers first  then flash it , to verify disconnect the usb cable than connect again .  biggrin.gif