xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-b.i.t. Flash Problem  (Read 85 times)

ProSam

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. Flash Problem
« on: September 09, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

Wrong forum n()()b go here

http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=49

Scoobert

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. Flash Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

I had the same problems. Actually, had several different errors every time I tried. The light on mine wouldn't work sometimes either, like it was connected.

Then I just used another computer and it worked perfectly. So I would just try another computer. Seems to be the best solution.

MARRUECO

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. Flash Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

I tried in several computers, even with the new flash program (for particular OS) but the problem
persists. It is strange because I tested in computers where the chip worked fine before. The problem seems to be connection to the chip or driver malfunction. When connected to the computer, it is recognized as an unknown usb device, but no driver is found. Could the
chip be damaged? Any idea?
Thanks for the sugestion, I appreciate any additional help.

v6transplant

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. Flash Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

uhh.gif

Any help, comments, or suggestions wuold be appreciated.

Thanks,

v6transplant

kenmood

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. Flash Problem
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

09 Oct 03

We got informed that a few people have problems using the X.B.I.T PC-Flash software on systems running Windows®XP.

It took a while to investigate that problem but we think we have found the reason now:
We have tested the PC-Flash software together with the X-B.I.T hardware successfully on several PCs running Windows®XP. We can confirm that the problem is not only caused by the operation system itself. The error occurs when using Windows®XP together with a certain "NEC" chipset on your PC-mainboard. However this is a problem which is very difficult to track down since we can not test the software on all the different combinations of operation systems and chipsets out there. Due to the large number of different chipset manufacturers it might turn out that there is another combination of Windows®XP and a chipset which could cause similar issues.

We tracked down the problem and we will have a patch ready for you latest on monday the 13th. Unfortunately we will have to reprogram the USB-controller of the X-B.I.T if you are using Windows®XP together with a chipset which is causing the PC-Flash software to lock up. If that is the case please send back your X-B.I.T to your supplier, we will reprogram/exchange all devices quickly. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please be aware that we designed our product according to the official USB standards and that the problem is not caused by us however some PC hardware manufacturers do not go inline with those standards.

If you are using Windows®XP and if you have problems with the PC-Flash software please let us know the type of chipset and PC-mainboard you are using. Rest assured that we will offer support through our distributors and reslove all issues.

MARRUECO

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. Flash Problem
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

Seems the chip is malfunctioning. I was told, by my supplier, to return the chip.
Hopefully I could get one which is working properly.