xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Seating The Xbit  (Read 86 times)

kenmood

• Archived User
Seating The Xbit
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

It will frag without a bios. Fragging is a promising sign that the d0 pin would be ok, but it does not prove that all the pins are ok. Only way to tell the right spot is to boot with a bios that will alter the boot screen (e.g. Xecuter2 or color modded Evox).

Ecrofirt

• Archived User
Seating The Xbit
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Sp@nky @ Sep 8 2004, 08:39 AM)
I have installed the Xbit, flashed it with 4980.67 Bios and it still has the std HDD installed. When I boot it up, it turns on, then off, then on, off again, then turns on to a blank screen with the front light flashing green and red..... HELP !!!!

you obviously don't have it installed correctly.

imagenius

• Archived User
Seating The Xbit
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Sp@nky @ Sep 8 2004, 08:39 AM)
I have installed the Xbit, flashed it with 4980.67 Bios and it still has the std HDD installed. When I boot it up, it turns on, then off, then on, off again, then turns on to a blank screen with the front light flashing green and red..... HELP !!!!

That could be one of three things. One you may have flashed the chip with a bios of the wrong size, check the size of the bios you are using and that you flashed it to the right size location. Two the chip may be seeted incorrectly on the board, try screwing the screw in part way and then looking at it sizeways using a flash light that way you can see where it is lined up much better. Three the wires may not be fully inserted into the external board or the dip switches are not set correctly for which slot you have the bios flashed to, check the settings. Hopefully that helps.

Sherlock

• Archived User
Seating The Xbit
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

ok im preety sure wen the light goes on on the exrternal chip and the ms db loads mean its installed right? Right?

kenmood

• Archived User
Seating The Xbit
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »

The green light just means that Xbit is powered on.

Use a Xecuter2 bios and you will see Xecuter2 text on the boot screen. It will still boot to MS dash, but then you know it is installed correctly.

kenmood

• Archived User
Seating The Xbit
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

This is an image from the pin header installation instructions, but it shows where the famous d0 via is. You should position the inner spiked pogo pin to that point (the outer pin is for v1.2+). Use a flashlight to see under the chip.

user posted image