xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit With Evox Dash And Xecuter2 Bios  (Read 55 times)

dave111223

• Archived User
Xbit With Evox Dash And Xecuter2 Bios
« on: May 19, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

anyone?

AmO

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

hmmm....could you give us your process in how you burn?  Also what DVD drive do you have? if its the Thompson, i hear there are a lot of game reading problems with those.  Its hard to say whats wrong as we have no idea how you are burning your games....also the media you use, DVD+ or DVD- can make a huge difference, along with the vendor of the blank DVD's.  Hit us up with your processes and maybe we can help.

P.S. - CD-R will most likely not work at all, VERY VERY few have gotten it to work.  Almost everyone has to learn the hard way which media their box takes.  It took me going thru about 3 blank DVD packages before i found something that worked.  Trial and error is usually the route, but post your methodology anyways.

loupham

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

my dvds plays fine w/ evox and xecuter 2 4981.67 bios

AmO

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »

ya + can be less compatible on some xbox's, let us know the results of the dvd-r

(edit) -
Also, can you tell me what brand your xbox DVD drive is?  If you dont know offhand use this image as a guide.
user posted image
(This image is from the Noob Guide to Everything, if someone has a problem with me posting this image let me know and ill modify my post to link to the guide instead.  Sorry if this inconveniences anyone...I'm just trying to be helpful)

Also what is the brand of DVD-R/+R that you are using?  I cannot really confirm this, but I hear, the cheaper the media the less likely it is to work, so you get what you pay for.  Most of the media I have purchased has been the dirt cheap stuff (maybe the reason i went through 3 packeages?)  Just play around with different brands, and check the backup/burning forum because they also have a topic somewhere which deals with media compatibility.  Good luck and let us know.

Killa_1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 01:59:00 AM »

sad.gif

I have about 80+ dvd's -R and they don't work anymore sad.gif

Games play from HD and original are just fine, i CAN read the data on the discs only the xbox will not play them.

I have a Philips drive, 200 Gig HD.

Hope there is a way to fix this.

Greetz Killa