xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wire Install - Ok!  (Read 96 times)

xgeek

• Archived User
Wire Install - Ok!
« on: February 22, 2004, 03:54:00 AM »

sad.gif

Help!?!

ChrisF

• Archived User
Wire Install - Ok!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

Your frag issue is an LPC connection - your D0 is fine.  Resolder time.  Alternatively if you haven't flashed your bios or aren't selecting the bank correctly this will also happen (xbox frags for no bios - so either not flashed or not on LPC properly).

See the troubleshooting link in my sig if you want to further explore.

xgeek

• Archived User
Wire Install - Ok!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

sad.gif so i cant take pics to prove that ive soldered them rite .... but im sure the wires were done correctly (i done them twice)

Ive done a few header installs but are more ps2 orientated so are used to this sort of wiring

ChrisF

• Archived User
Wire Install - Ok!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

Two things:

1) It is essential that the bios size match the bank size to which you are flashing it.  This is where you are certainly going wrong (if you read the tutorial on flashing very carefully you will see where you missed it - it is not obvious).  This is why the last format option is the most popular since most bioses are 256K.

2) I am not sure that the Evox bios looks visibly different from the original MS bios and for testing purposes it really makes all the difference in the world (i.e. testing media, testing boot discs...none of this will work and you'll have no idea why when in reality you weren't booting a hacked bios).  Xecuter bioses say Xecuter on them - very easy (plus 4981.06 will block XBlive when the mod chip is on).  I don't like to promote one over another but Xecuter has XBlive blocking and it is easier to test with.  Just make sure you flash it to aq 256K bank.

xgeek

• Archived User
Wire Install - Ok!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

tongue.gif , the bios program was really pissin me off constanly crashing and what not so i thought 2mbit wud be the best

How wrong i was tongue.gif

Thanks man , what a stupid mistake to make

Brilliant chip tho , 4 mins to wire install tongue.gif

Love it! (im not a software guy ...)