xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit And Version 1.5  (Read 64 times)

roman5566

• Archived User
Xbit And Version 1.5
« on: February 05, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »

i installed my xbit, i flash it ok, but when i turn it on and try to install i get the flashing light 3 times, i read in here about it that other users experienced that too....but you know what i can't find is where is the D0 point on a version 1.5 it seems like it's somewhere else ....any help appreciated.

roman5566

• Archived User
Xbit And Version 1.5
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

i fixed my problem and i wanna share how i did it. first i got rid of the spacer....makes for a better connection with D0 point ,especially in 1.5 version consoles,...now also don't flash your XBIT with a 1mb bios....use bank 4 and flash the 256kb executer flash the latest one .06 one...and it will work for you as it did for me... success sweet success....

but now i got another problem i have the phillips drive, and it's very picky as to the media that i use...so i don't know at least i hope that's what it is, because i tried two different types, one cheap (silver, no writing dvd) dvd-r and the game woudn't read, and i tried a brand name dvd+rw and it wouldn't work...so i'm hoping the dvd-r brand name ones will work, i will have to dish out the extra money i guess...but i'm finished with the installation part...now if you need help there is a BUNCH of great guys at #hackthebox on EfNet and they are more then willing to help you, i have to mention one member Blitz2k4 he helped me through the installation step by step and is a stand up guy....good luck guys...and keep on testing...

roman5566

• Archived User
Xbit And Version 1.5
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

anyone who has a version 1.5 console, if you can post your testing results here, that would be great, so keep on testing...let's make this the Xbox version 1.5 XBIT installation success/troubleshooting thread

djdafreund

• Archived User
Xbit And Version 1.5
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

Got a v1.5 here. Will try to return the XBit chip back to Divineo immediately!! Spent 8 hours on this, 1st of all, Still have problems with XP and NForce chipsets. Then after taking it to work to flash using an win2000 machine (pain in the ass to do everytime.) It worked fine (didn't work with solder, worked fine with pogo install) for about 5 minutes, then the screen glitched and froze. When restarted, it did the great old FRAG. (restarts 3 times then flashes red/green.) Looked at the connections and even did a continuity check on each point to verify connections on each. Everything is still connected.
I flashed 4 256kb slots luckily, so i switched to each of the 4 and restarted. No success with any of them. Possible chip went bad? Possible the bios got corrupted (not likely though.) Not wanting to mess around for another minute!!! I am SOOOoooo pissed off after waiting 1 1/3 month to get the chip finally, then going through this BS once i get it?? I'm planning on going with the Xcuter2 chip instead if they let me exchange it. Hopefully i won't be stuck with another XBit chip.

Sad, i was looking forward to the XBit chip since i've LOVED their PS2 DMS3 chip. O well.

AlienTiger

• Archived User
Xbit And Version 1.5
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »

here guys i hope this helps, and I kept my spacer, that spacer helps keep the chip stable so that if u move ur console too hard it dosent loose connection and to keep it from shortting out the chip, the chip is powered through that screw hole and the spacer is non conductive

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=167578

AlienTiger

• Archived User
Xbit And Version 1.5
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

Oh BTW if you have a phillips drive, the it is more than likely not a v1.5, as far as I know v1.5 shipped /w only samsung drives