xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X-b.i.t Is Trash  (Read 195 times)

Sionzz

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« on: February 03, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

Xbit is junk any one that wants to buy a mod chip dont get xbit cuz its junk. Just look it all the posts about people having trouble flashing the stupid chip.

cisco7200

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 04:43:00 AM »

What! I think needs to happen is someone make a step-by-step installation guide.
It seems the ones one the website are a little to vague.  I will work on one.  One of the problems is:  I never found anywhere where it explains to you that the green led on the xbit expansion will be lit when the xbit is positioned properly.   This helps alot.  On no guide did it tell you that you can't use banks 1 & 2 for smaller bioses.  This would seem to be two fundimetal pieces of information.  After finding this information out my chip installation went without a hitch.

kaarde

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Sionzz @ Feb 4 2004, 03:53 AM)
Xbit is junk any one that wants to buy a mod chip dont get xbit cuz its junk. Just look it all the posts about people having trouble flashing the stupid chip.

You probably think so because you never opened your box yourself to install a chip.  Ho and look at all the post in concerning problems with Executor or people who have been scamed ordering a false chip.

No chip is better from the other as long as the one you get does what you want to and mine does it, better that a couple of executor i've installed.  Besides some minor alignement problems the Xbit always worked compared to executor which i already had 2 faulty chip.  But I think that both chips are good and that there are no wiser choice that the other.  Go back playing in your little sandbox if you just can't say something worth saying

---------------------------
POWER CORRUPT
ABSOLUTE POWER
CORRUPT ABSOLUTELY
---------------------------

AlienTiger

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (cisco7200 @ Feb 4 2004, 02:43 PM)
What! I think needs to happen is someone make a step-by-step installation guide.
It seems the ones one the website are a little to vague.  I will work on one.  One of the problems is:  I never found anywhere where it explains to you that the green led on the xbit expansion will be lit when the xbit is positioned properly.   This helps alot.  On no guide did it tell you that you can't use banks 1 & 2 for smaller bioses.  This would seem to be two fundimetal pieces of information.  After finding this information out my chip installation went without a hitch.

humm  ok heres a step by step flashing guide

1. Take the chip out of the bag

2. Hook the black wire next to the small B on each board

3. Hook the yellow wire next to the small Y on each board

4. Hook the USB cable into the small board, then into the CPU

5. Run the XBIT flashing tool found on the DMS website

6. Connect to the chip

7. FORMAT to the partiton you want, meaning if you want 2 bios on ur chip format for 2, if you want 6, format for 6

8. WRITE the bios you desire to the partition you desire, also be sure to verify that the bios u choose is compatable /w ur xbox ver.

9. VERIFY the data written on that partition, this is option but reccomended

10. Make sure the switches on the small board pertain to the bios in the partition u select

11. INSTALL CHIP

(FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED YOUR CHIP FOLLOW STEPS 4-10)
<IF THIS TUT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU THEN SOMETHING IS BEING DONE WRONG OR THE CHIP IS FAULTY>

cisco7200

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (AlienTiger @ Feb 6 2004, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (cisco7200 @ Feb 4 2004, 02:43 PM)
It seems the ones one the website are a little to vague.  I will work on one.  One of the problems is:  I never found anywhere where it explains to you that the green led on the xbit expansion will be lit when the xbit is positioned properly.   This helps alot.  On no guide did it tell you that you can't use banks 1 & 2 for smaller bioses.  This would seem to be two fundimetal pieces of information.  After finding this information out my chip installation went without a hitch.

humm  ok heres a step by step flashing guide

1. Take the chip out of the bag

2. Hook the black wire next to the small B on each board

3. Hook the yellow wire next to the small Y on each board

4. Hook the USB cable into the small board, then into the CPU

5. Run the XBIT flashing tool found on the DMS website

6. Connect to the chip

7. FORMAT to the partiton you want, meaning if you want 2 bios on ur chip format for 2, if you want 6, format for 6

8. WRITE the bios you desire to the partition you desire, also be sure to verify that the bios u choose is compatable /w ur xbox ver.

9. VERIFY the data written on that partition, this is option but reccomended

10. Make sure the switches on the small board pertain to the bios in the partition u select

11. INSTALL CHIP

(FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED YOUR CHIP FOLLOW STEPS 4-10)
<IF THIS TUT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU THEN SOMETHING IS BEING DONE WRONG OR THE CHIP IS FAULTY>

So you want to be smartass do you?  How about then I have a few question for you little step by step installation.

By the way dumbass if you read my post it says "INSTALLATION GUIDE"  not "FLASHING GUIDE".

I am sorry how do you get the chip out of the bag?
How do you know the chip is aligned properly?
Do you install the chip first or just flash it first?
What is the difference?
Will hit hurt to do it one way or the other?
By CPU do you mean the computer or just the USB port?
Why do you want to verify you bios if you flashed it should be there right?
If there is something wrong with the chip how do you know what it is?
Is it the chip install correctly?  
Is the bioses installed correctly?
How do you know if the chip is faulty?

We can all be smartass!

cybrpunk

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

We can all be smartass!

But apparently we can't all use the search feature to find answers.  I installed my XBit the first time around with only the help from these forums and the installation guides.  It may have taken a couple of hours, but at no time was I left with a question that couldn't be answered here in an already-existing post.  I could understand your complaint if the guide and forums were written in Sanscrit or Swahili, but as they're written in plain english you should be able to follow them.

Of course, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here and assuming literacy.

cisco7200

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (cybrpunk @ Feb 6 2004, 10:27 AM)
We can all be smartass!

But apparently we can't all use the search feature to find answers.  I installed my XBit the first time around with only the help from these forums and the installation guides.  It may have taken a couple of hours, but at no time was I left with a question that couldn't be answered here in an already-existing post.  I could understand your complaint if the guide and forums were written in Sanscrit or Swahili, but as they're written in plain english you should be able to follow them.

Of course, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here and assuming literacy.

Okay then you show me one thread that tells you the green led comes on when the chip is installed and aligned properly.

cybrpunk

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

Okay then you show me one thread that tells you the green led comes on when the chip is installed and aligned properly.

Search term = "aligned"

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=123593 (Item 24)

Can someone PIN LargePig's post already? Lots have asked for it and it would definitely help many more out.

cisco7200

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (cybrpunk @ Feb 6 2004, 11:03 AM)

Search term = "aligned"

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=123593 (Item 24)

Can someone PIN LargePig's post already? Lots have asked for it and it would definitely help many more out.

Thank you then you just proved my point some one did write a step-by-step guide to installing and configuring your xbox.

THANKS.

kaarde

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

1 - If the light is on it does not mean it's aligned properly

2 - If you fiddle with the chip you'll ear a little click that'll tell you that you've got D0 contact

3 - Do a damn search, have you cleaned the D0 point??  it is mentioned like 100 times on the board in any modchip thread.  If you want it that easy pay someone to do it for you and here are answers for all you questions :

What is the difference?

1 - Ask your mom cuz you might cut yourself in the process
2 - You'll ear it click do a search xbit d0 click
3 - If your mom is currectly playing with your box flash it before installing it,      else you can either flash it before or after instalation it does not matter
4 - the difference is that in one of the method the chip is in the box and not in    the other
5 - If you get electrocuted in the process.....yes, else no
6 - just plug both end of the cable, don't bother knowing the names here
7 - Because it could have been corrupted in the process, there is many reasons
8 - Everything above will not work
9 - You've already ask that
10 - That's why you need to verify it (on stupid question GOTO 7)
11 - Stop asking the same question 2 times

Hope i help ya out

cisco7200

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (kaarde @ Feb 6 2004, 11:19 AM)
1 - If the light is on it does not mean it's aligned properly

2 - If you fiddle with the chip you'll ear a little click that'll tell you that you've got D0 contact

3 - Do a damn search, have you cleaned the D0 point??  it is mentioned like 100 times on the board in any modchip thread.  If you want it that easy pay someone to do it for you and here are answers for all you questions :

What is the difference?

1 - Ask your mom cuz you might cut yourself in the process
2 - You'll ear it click do a search xbit d0 click
3 - If your mom is currectly playing with your box flash it before installing it,      else you can either flash it before or after instalation it does not matter
4 - the difference is that in one of the method the chip is in the box and not in    the other
5 - If you get electrocuted in the process.....yes, else no
6 - just plug both end of the cable, don't bother knowing the names here
7 - Because it could have been corrupted in the process, there is many reasons
8 - Everything above will not work
9 - You've already ask that
10 - That's why you need to verify it (on stupid question GOTO 7)
11 - Stop asking the same question 2 times

Hope i help ya out

You are dumbass read the whole thread.
I was being sarcastic.
Go back to you mother's whomb.

kaarde

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »

i was too smile.gif

cybrpunk

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

Thank you then you just proved my point some one did write a step-by-step guide to installing and configuring your xbox.

Actually, I proved my own point - that the answer was already existing here.  Someone came here crying for a guide to be written - well guess what... it already was.  On another note, where did you ask me to find a guide or challenge that a guide was written?  You asked me to prove that someone on these forums indicated the LED would light when installed properly - and I did.

I wasn't saying that a guide was never needed.  Heck, I admitted to using the information here and in the install guide.  But nobody needs to rewrite LargePig's guide as it is a very clear and informative post that has helped out numerous people already.

Perhaps the answer is to PIN LARGEPIG'S POST (as has been requested numerous times already) so that people can find the guide easily.  Or, perhaps HSDEMONZ would be willing to edit his already-pinned topic to include the link to LargePig's post.

Calling names and insulting each other won't get anything accomplished.  You asked me to prove that a post already exists with this information and I did just that.  Don't fault me if you can't use the search feature to find what you want.

kaarde

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 08:24:00 AM »

smile.gif  So the whole post should probably be deleted.

As for my reply to cisco7200.  I never wanted to flame you, just had a bad day.  So i appologize for that.

AlienTiger

• Archived User
X-b.i.t Is Trash
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

One that flashing guide was not ment to be sarcastic, 2, the frist topic posted refered to flashing, so yes i mistakenly assumed at u needed a flash guide, 3, you must feel pretty good about your self by flaming the way you did, i hope your mother is proud
Pages: [1] 2