xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where To Buy Xbit In Canada?  (Read 180 times)

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
Where To Buy Xbit In Canada?
« on: February 02, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

Try foundmy.com - they are in Canada and have them in stock.  I ordered from them and received it very quickly and with no problems.

BT

Belfour20

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

Looking for the same thing... Wish there was more feedback on the foundmy.com site... Not that I don't believe you had good service, just it's better to see numerous people have great success with a place... Let me know if you order from them izz...

Belfour20

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

Well, I decided to take a chance but ordered COD (so if he don't ship, no worries for me)... Already have a tracking number within the hour that I ordered... Says it will ship out tomorow.... looks promising so far.... biggrin.gif

ItsPat

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (dahvaio @ Feb 3 2004, 02:56 AM)
foundmy.com would be my choice again to order the XBIT from... The item was in the mail within the hour... I received in 4 days (Which included the weekend). For me it was a great find because no one else had it in stock and the ETA kept getting pushed back...

For me purchasing from foundmy.com was a great experience...

Later,
David

Yeah, I thought mine was going to be also.  He sent me tracking number but I haven't recieved it.  I'm pretty sure he sent it but I guess he doesn't want to deal with the mail loosing it or something.

dahvaio

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

Where does the tracking number say the package is at?

Mine was in Country in a day or so... and then it would not track beyond that. My package came through the USPS.

Later,
David

ItsPat

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (dahvaio @ Feb 3 2004, 04:25 AM)

Mine was in Country in a day or so... and then it would not track beyond that. My package came through the USPS.

Later,
David

2004/01/20 20:17  Arrival in destination country      
2004/01/20 03:33  Dispatched from origin country      
2004/01/20 03:32  Dispatched from Canada

Thats what the webpage says, I don't really mind if the post office lost it (wouldn't suprise me) just the fact he wont even give me a responce!  I tried to call the canadian place it was shipped from but will not allow me too for some reason.  Gives a not allowed to call this area or some crap.

crimminal

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 03:19:00 AM »

A friend and I from the states just ordered and received 2 XBITs from foundmy.com within a week of ordering.  Mine is installed and working perfectly.

As far as I'm concerned, I would highly recommend foundmy.com.

Later,
beerchug.gif

greatfullydeadend

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

I ordered from foundmy.com and it was delayed slightly through Customs. Only if you live in the US though.He was a lil slow answering my emails, but im sure that he was gettin a ton of mail from US customers inquiring about their delayed chips.
This is a reliable supplier and recommend them to US and Canadian customers!

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (ItsPat @ Feb 3 2004, 12:01 AM)

Later,
David

Thats what the webpage says, I don't really mind if the post office lost it (wouldn't suprise me) just the fact he wont even give me a responce!  I tried to call the canadian place it was shipped from but will not allow me too for some reason.  Gives a not allowed to call this area or some crap.

Well...that shows that he shipped it out.  Looks like USPS has lost it...you might give your local USPS branch a call and tell them what has happened and find out what your options are.  Tell them you have the tracking number from the Canadian shipping company and see if they can track it somehow.  Because once it enters the US it becomes a Priority Mail package with USPS.  Hope you can track it down.... cool.gif

BT

lamrith

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

MODCHIPMAN.com!!  These guy are great.  They are in Vancouver, BC and I would recommend them to anyone in the world, especially North American residents.  I got my chip from them 2 days after order!!

Belfour20

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »

I emailed modchipman.com last week and they said they were based (and shipped) from the US (that's why I didn't order from them)...

ItsPat

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Blue Thunder @ Feb 3 2004, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (ItsPat @ Feb 3 2004, 12:01 AM)

Later,
David

Well...that shows that he shipped it out.  Looks like USPS has lost it...you might give your local USPS branch a call and tell them what has happened and find out what your options are.  Tell them you have the tracking number from the Canadian shipping company and see if they can track it somehow.  Because once it enters the US it becomes a Priority Mail package with USPS.  Hope you can track it down.... cool.gif

BT

Thanks BT.  I'm going to give that a try and see what happens.

Belfour20

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

Chip came today for me also, although the damn postman came when I was away, so I have to go pick it up tomorow (you pay damn good prices for shipping and you have to go pick it up, it's terrible.....lol)

dopedealer187

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

just to let u know i have met the guy from foundmy.com hes based in edmonton, i have bought 2 xbit chips from him,  hes a good guy even helped me install the first xbit for free. Hes busy alot so could be reason for no replys to emails.