xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Check X-bit?  (Read 100 times)

Spice Guy

• Archived User
How To Check X-bit?
« on: December 06, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »

Hiya Mate, I have just installed an XBIT in my mates v11 XBOX, and we had the same problem, and i knew what i was doing because i have installed an XBIT in my v10 XBOX.

If you are certain that the XBIT is in a solid position, and the pogo pin is definetly in contact with the d0 point, and you are certain that the flashing procedure on the XBIT went fine and all you are getting is the MS Bootup then, all that is happening is that the XBIT isnt hijacking the bios.

This is the problem of the d0 point, and what you will find you will have to do is get hold of a pin, and gently scrape around the rim of the d0 point to remove some of the plastic coating that is stopping the d0 pogo, from making contact with the metal.

I stress, that you have to be very careful, this is pointed out in other threads, it took me a couple of times, as i didnt want to be to rough at first, but eventually the coloured bios i had flashed to the XBIT took over, and now i have one extatic mate who cant stop tinkering with his XBOX.

Good Luck.

Yours

Spice Guy

follettosgorbio

• Archived User
How To Check X-bit?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »

I don't think could be only a problem of plastic membrane that avoid the contact.
I have discovered that the position of the 2 pogopins in the D0 (why 2 when only one is the D0???) is not accurate.
If you position correctly the x-bit you will see the the pogo pins in D0 position is "far"...so other friends here has putted some conductive paint...

After a lot of try i have finally reached the point where my XBOX flash green and red.
These point was reached after grounded the D0 pin with the skrew.
My xbox has rebooted twice, couse the bios was empty in the first 2 blocks.
I have switched off and insert my dahbord iso cd...
The xbox started normally..but my xbox says the doesn't recognise the cd/dvd inserted..."please remove,change or clean".
What else is wrong?

nalo

• Archived User
How To Check X-bit?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

So, I am unclear.
Did you get your chip to load a new bios, or not?
Color your power LED and/or the xbox logo with XBTOOL to determine for certain if the chip is working.
If the new bios is working, and the machine still doesn't recognise the disc, you'll have to try to make a new one that the xbox can read.  Snoop around, there's lots of talk about this very subject.

Riker2k

• Archived User
How To Check X-bit?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »

beerchug.gif