xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Another Frag Problem  (Read 117 times)

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« on: December 05, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

Seems that I have the same problem as many ppl here have.

I did the wire install on my Xbox(v1.0, kernel 4034, PAL).
It started to frag after 2 reboots. My box actually beeped on both reboots. I flashed my Xbit with 2 different bioses(X2 4978 and X2 4977, both formatted to 1024kb). My box didnt boot with the chip on, but it booted fine when I truned the chip off.

Any good answers to this?

BTW, I don't feel like returning this chip to Divineo, since I returned the X2L+(non-working too) there and got the Xbit.
I just wanted a modchip to do all these nice things that you cant do with unmodded one.

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 03:22:00 AM »

Well, I sized the bioses in XBtool.
I have now removed my xbit tho. Thinking about headerpin install...

drunkpug

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

none of those bios u mention work for me

i made a post a while back wish more people would read like me before they give up

try 4979 -REPACK

why people use old bios is stilll a mystery to me

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »

Why I use old bios? Ok, here's 3 reasons why:

1. I dont have CD/DVD burner
2. I have Thomson DVD-ROM in my box
3. Because of the 2 reasons above, I need to FTP on startup.

Spice Guy

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »

Okay, first of all, you dont need to resize the bios, if you want to use the Executer bios that allow you to ftp, just choose a bank they will fit in, in their original size, use a 1mb bank or a 512 bank depending on which size bios you are using.

Also, i have a thomson drive, and they will read certain, cdrw, so if you have a mate who has got a cd burner, get hold of a traxdata x4 cdrw 80min/700mb disk they work fine in my thompson, and get him to burn you a copy of evolutionx onto it.

Also, first things first, you need to verify that you have actually got your xbit working, so dont worry about ftping or evolutionx at first get hold of an evox m7 bios, use xbtool to colour the xbox logo, flash it all the 256k banks in the format 6 and just make sure that you have got everything working right, when the xbox boots to the hacked bios, you will then know that your install is sucessful and you can then reflash one of the banks with the bios you need to ftp and away you go.

Dont try and rush your install, a lot of people are making the mistake of putting the xbit in and then trying to boot straight to evox cds or ftp straight away, without making sure its all working right.

Keep trying though, i have installed 2 XBITS and both of them didnt boot to my hacked bios straight away, but after a couple of hours of reseating and scraping d0 points, everything was fine.

Yours

Spice Guy

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 12:52:00 AM »

I resized them with XBtool, and I colored them to blue...

Spice guy, how in earth did you get your Xbit working?

And why did DMS release so "user-friendly, idiot proof" modchip? I'm sure there are more people that have non-working Xbits than ppl that have working xbits.....

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Another Frag Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 12:54:00 AM »

BTW, I used TDK CD-RW burned in 2 or 1x(cant remember...)