xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Install On V1.3 Success  (Read 78 times)

ddubb

• Archived User
Xbit Install On V1.3 Success
« on: November 13, 2003, 10:01:00 PM »

One thing to add.

I think the reason I felt the XBit wasn't working after I installed it the first time was the non-colored M7 bios I used initially. So I basically didn't know that the bios actually loaded because everything booted up and looked exactly like the stock MS bootup screens and dash.

Once I loaded the X24977 bios I knew right away the chip was working when it displayed those magic words at the bottom of the screen "Xecuter2"

So those out there just installing this chip, use a colored M7 bios if you choose to use that as your initial bios flash.

Thanks to Xbox-scene for all the info I needed to get this up as well as all the people on the board asking questions and helping everyone out.

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »

glad it worked for you - and doing your homework made it all possible - however, if you read more carefully, you would have seen to have colored the bioses right away - the M7 bios boots up identically to the standard bios, as does the xecuter (exept for the word xectuer) - by coloring the bios you might have saved yourself some aggravation.
I used slayer's 2.1 (2.5 is now out) and slapped a new hard drive in and let it go to work - there was nothing on the stock hard drive i was interested in saving (my one save game of halo went into a memory card) - if you go that route, installing a large hard drive should take about 5 minutes - and 4 of them is the system formatting the thing.
don't forget to lock the hard drive, and enjoy!

nopulse

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

Hey,

I found X2-4978 bios, not the one you have... I'm having the red/green problem with M7.

Is there a big a problem using this bios instead of X2-4977?