xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Solution For Xbit Red/green Lights Problem  (Read 102 times)

pieces

• Archived User
Solution For Xbit Red/green Lights Problem
« on: November 12, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »

The xbit is exactly the right shape and every single bios ive tried has worked without any problems and its been no less then ten different bios's.

Gh3ttoRoM3o

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »

indeed, exactly what he said. I too have tried multiple bios  and they all worked fine.  Not the right shape? huh? What's the trouble installing it? It's like a 10 minute job, and 8 minutes of it is taking off the cover and dvd/hard drives. My first modchip and I must say it was really easy.

hotrodxlr8r

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

i suppose i should have mentioned It was for the 1.4 and 1.5 motherboard. And i have corrected my previous post.

on top of that...Im responding to those who are having problems, and not to those who aren't!

...perhaps something to do with the first batch of xbits, i did have mine preordered and they may have corrected the problem since ?

Grez

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

What, you put 256 kB bios in a 512 kB slot? Well, maybe you had "doubled" the file or the XBIT programming tool does that automatically. Otherwise it simply won't work.

Anyway, I just installed X-B.I.T on a 1.4* board using the spring loaded pins and it worked just fine.  No special arrangements.

* It has the Focus chip and there's 3.3V and GND present on LPC connector.

hotrodxlr8r

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 10:53:00 PM »

ph34r.gif   is everyone in feckin attack mode these days or wot ???  ph34r.gif

I never said i put a 256k into a 512k slot ? ? ?   uhh.gif

firstly, I am merely stating a fact which i noticed when chipping. The xbit chips i bought (1st batch out from the factory!!) simply dont fit well ! (and yes...i moved them around with the fixing screw loose!) no matter where i moved the xbit chip around on the v1.5 board, the D0 pogos just wouldnt locate into the vias so I am posting my findings here for others to perhaps benefit from.

secondly, maybe you didnt read the bit where i said that only the M7 bios is the only one that will work ? and yes, i did double the M7 file which isn't a necessity, but thanks for pointing that out.   biggrin.gif

Gh3ttoRoM3o

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »

No I'm not in attack mode, it's just I don't want ppl who to start having bad impressions just over your bad experiences. I have a v1.5 box. Had no problem. Tried different bios', even used xbtool fine to make my own custom one. I preordered my chip from Divineo.net (UK site). I don't know where you ordered yours, or why you had problems like that.