xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connection  (Read 134 times)

ACS

• Archived User
Connection
« on: November 10, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »

smile.gif

chelrob

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 03:08:00 PM »

Remove the solder.

ACS

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »

dip switch 4 is off

chefelf

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »

I've read quite a few posts with people saying the LED won't turn on.  I just got my an X-bit in for my latest project and I'm having the same "problem".  I say "problem" because while the LED doesn't turn on it still connects fine and I flashed it without a hitch.  I'll assume at this point that a shipment of chips had defective LEDs since many others complained about the same thing.

But don't worry about it.  The chip should work fine anyway.

ACS

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

chefelf

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

IF you can't boot a burned disc and you have a v1.0 Xbox then it's probably a problem with your DVD drive.  The Thomson is notorious for giving trouble.  You may have to try booting the disc 20 - 30 times.  Seriously.

ACS

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »

Yes i no Thomson's are stubborn but, I was reading a well know guid saying that every xbox would boot memorex cdrw.

chefelf

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

I take it back.  My chip appears to be defective.  I can't load any BIOS other than the original BIOS with the chip disabled.  This isn't the same problem your'e having though.  If you're loading a BIOS fine you're in a much better position than I am.

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 05:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 11 2003, 06:00 AM)
I take it back.  My chip appears to be defective.  I can't load any BIOS other than the original BIOS with the chip disabled.  This isn't the same problem your'e having though.  If you're loading a BIOS fine you're in a much better position than I am.

elf, you did of course break away the seal, right?  i know you've installed these before, but hey sometimes a fella can overlook the obvious...
otherwise, no led, no flash = no working xbit! sad.gif

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (ACS @ Nov 11 2003, 03:01 AM)
Yes i no Thomson's are stubborn but, I was reading a well know guid saying that every xbox would boot memorex cdrw.

memorex 4x cdrw are supposed to be very reliable.  burn at the SLOWEST speed.  don't use the same cdrw you just used, use a brand new one.  also, try standing on one foot! smile.gif
i used the memorex 4x cdrw which i bought specifically for slayer's, and my 1.0 box and thomson drive can read it every time.
also, before you go nuts, make sure you have COLORED bioses installed, and boot up without the drives - if you get a colored logo, you've installed correctly, otherwise, you have to re-align or fiddle around.  and don't forget to scrape d0 gently.

chefelf

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »

Yeah I broke my seal.  Thing just won't boot up any BIOS bank.  I'm starting to think that there just may be a bad batch of these floating around.  Any searching I did on the subject seems to bring up a bunch of people with the same problem.  I've racked my brain to try to figure out if there's something I overlooked but it's all fine.  I tried pogopin and wire install and still nothing.  Flashed and verified all banks.  Won't boot any flashed BIOS.  Boots up fine with the chip turned off.

Hopefully The Console Corner won't mind swapping it out for and Xecutor 2.2 Pro.

ACS

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

I think I have finally found my problem. I am not getting a good connection to my DO bridge. I have cleaned it but still not a steady connection. I am going to try to but a drop of solder on the bridger then let it try and see if it helps.

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2003, 05:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (ACS @ Nov 11 2003, 05:04 PM)
I think I have finally found my problem. I am not getting a good connection to my DO bridge. I have cleaned it but still not a steady connection. I am going to try to but a drop of solder on the bridger then let it try and see if it helps.

don't do it!!!!  (at least not yet).  I read somewhere about a guy using a small bit of tin foil stuck into D0 with a safety pin to increase the contact area - at least that way you dont have any permanent "damage" to the motherboard.  if you're doing the solderless install, i'd try to keep it solderless - otherwise, you might as well tin the wire and just solder the D0 point, and the lpcs...

Rohaq

• Archived User
Connection
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 11 2003, 03:53 PM)
Yeah I broke my seal.  Thing just won't boot up any BIOS bank.

Sounds like your d0 point isn't making proper contact. I could boot my Xbit with no BIOS, and it loaded the MS BIOS in its place.

try scraping your d0 point and realigning.