xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got My X-b.i.t Today  (Read 126 times)

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« on: November 05, 2003, 02:41:00 PM »

If you're pogoing, it's a bitch to align, stick with it though, it'll work eventually, not sure what the hell is wrong with mine though.....

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

Good job, just hope you don't get this
Here

chefelf

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (LargePig @ Nov 5 2003, 06:41 PM)
If you're pogoing, it's a bitch to align, stick with it though, it'll work eventually, not sure what the hell is wrong with mine though.....

What version Xbox do you have?  Are your LPC holes filled in?  I desoldered my LPCs in my v1.0 and the chip fit in like a dream.

Rohaq

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (LargePig @ Nov 6 2003, 12:41 AM)

Had no such problems here, although I did prepare my d0 point before installing.

Aligned beautifully, have been shifting my Xbox around like no-one's business, opening her up and closing her to change some things and still not a worry smile.gif

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »

sad.gif

However it has to be aligned anyway otherwise the bios wouldn't boot off the chip. I think mine's buggered.

chefelf

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (LargePig @ Nov 6 2003, 03:00 AM)
I have filled holes. I dont own a soldering iron sad.gif

However it has to be aligned anyway otherwise the bios wouldn't boot off the chip. I think mine's buggered.

Time to own a soldering iron. wink.gif

Seriously though.  If you have the filled LPCs then maybe you should do the wire method.  If you don't want to then you may want to remove the solder.  If you don't have any soldering experience then either of those may be a little tricky.  It just really sits in there much better with no solder in the LPCs.

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »

Yeah, that figures, but i have never done any soldering, and don't want the first time i try it to be on my loveley xbox.....

I've kind of hijacked this thread, i didn't mean to!!!!

chefelf

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 07:54:00 AM »

Well do you know anyone with any experience that could help you?  If not do you have anything you could practice on?  Like an old circuitboard or something?

Here's what you'll need:

15w soldering iron
the finest soldering tip you can find
flux
desoldering braid
tip cleaner
the smallest silver solder you can find

That should be it.  All these things can be purchased at Radio Shack.  The total will probably be about $20 to $25.

If anyone can think of any other supplies he may need then by all means post them.  That's all I can think of now to get started.

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

The main problem is that i don't have anywhere locally to buy the stuff, would have to mail order, maplin is a bit too far away from me and there doesn't seem to be any such thing as radio shack in england, and all the tandy's i knew of have gone.

I can practice on an old sound card or something

chefelf

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

Order the stuff online then.  You could probably even get them cheaper than at a store.

Sorry about the Radio Shack thing, I wasn't sure if they were solely US or not.

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

No need to be sorry. I think tandy was the UK equiv, but it's gone. Maplin is great but the nearest ones a bit far from me, and i can't get there for two weeks anyway.

I am going to try cleaning the contact points on the xbox mobo and see if it makes any ddifference. If not i think i'm going to send the chip back and pay someone to fit an executer, the whole reason i bought the x-bit in the first place was to avoid this shite!!

Rohaq

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

smile.gif

LargePig

• Archived User
Got My X-b.i.t Today
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 08:13:00 AM »

unsure.gif