xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Problems With Xbit And Hddloader?  (Read 87 times)

mathias

• Archived User
Any Problems With Xbit And Hddloader?
« on: October 25, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »

I have xbix with evox dashboard and m7 bios

but have problems with hddloader and dvd2xbox

hddloader says something like my chip doesn't have a disk eject enabled or feature...

then dvd2xbox just locks up...

So im wondering anyone else have this?

fracture

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

HDD Loader v1.2a is the only way I could get several of my originals to play from the HDD, the most memorable being Voodoo Vince.  I'm using an X-bit in my v1.3 Xbox running Evox M7 bios and Evox Dash 3921.  I don't like using the Loader to actually load the games though, so once they're ripped, I rename them from PxGame0 (or what have you) in the HDD Loader folder and move them to my games folder.

I tried dvd2xbox, but for what I wanted to use it for (backing up games) Px HDD Loader was the better option.

I have noticed that Px HDD Loader doesn't always properly recognize eject fix.  3 out of the 4 bioses on my X-bit have eject-fix, but it only "saw" two out of the three bioses as having it; there was one time when it didn't pick it up on my Evox D6 bios too.  I guess what I'm trying to say in this last paragraph is, don't necessarily trust that text.  Check and see if you can eject while in HDD Loader and try to back up your game.  Worst case scenario, it will reboot  B)

Sorry I have no input to your dvd2xbox problem.  Good luck!

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

Try flashing with the X2 4977 bios on one of your spare banks.  Using that bios I've had no troubles with dvd2xbox.  Hope that helps.

MrPoke

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (mathias @ Oct 26 2003, 05:37 AM)
I have xbix with evox dashboard and m7 bios

but have problems with hddloader and dvd2xbox

hddloader says something like my chip doesn't have a disk eject enabled or feature...

then dvd2xbox just locks up...

So im wondering anyone else have this?

I have the same problem using Executer 2.2 lite 4977

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

i was having trouble with dvd2xbox4.8 and 4.9 using both M7 and x2 4977.  i have had some success with dvd2xbox 4.9 with some newer titles.  i'd recommend you stick to 4977 as that seems to be a more supported bios.  i also had a lot of success with pxhdd1.1 which came with my slayer's install - i've seen upgraded to 1.2a, which has worked for everything so far EXCEPT mortal kombat, but fortunately dvd2xbox4.9 made quick work of that.