xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help Me Please  (Read 62 times)

jesman0

• Archived User
Please Help Me Please
« on: October 08, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

When you say your chip is doing nothing, do you mean its booting the default M$ dash or you get the 2 boots and the red/green flashes? What exactly is it doing?

If you are booting the M$ dash, with your chip on, then you are on the right track. Make a boot cd that your box will actually read and install a dash.

metalfuzion

• Archived User
Please Help Me Please
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »

yes the led is green, and it boots always the M$ dashboard, i putted a game Panzer Dragon a backup, to see if the xbit was working with thw X2 bios but it says rong disk,maybe a dvd or cd music...i flashed the x2 bios in the 4

jesman0

• Archived User
Please Help Me Please
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »

Did you try repeatedly to make it work. Turn it off and on and boot it like 10 times. Xbox are real picky about media and though it may not read it 5 times it might on the sixth. Furthermore you need a dashboard (like ExoX 3921) on your box. It will make playing bootlegs easier. The only xISO program that I could get images from to work in my box is SimpleXISO. Burn your image slowly on good media compatible with your box. There are lists of compatible media. And if it doesn't boot the first time keep trying with cold boots. If it doesn't work in like 10 tries, try to reburn the image or get different media.

Your backup game playing problems stem from incompatible media or a bad burn/image. And don't try only 3 times to play it.

If your mod is booting the M$ dash with no hacked dash's available, it is working correctly. I use the EvoX D.6 Eject Fix.bin bios.

Arakon

• Archived User
Please Help Me Please
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

any mod (except for the linux ones) will ALWAYS boot the MS dashboard until you installed a different one. and yes, the xbox won't boot every medium. you could i.e. flash xecuter 4978.3 to it and hold A on bootup to see if the built in ftp server comes up.