xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Long  (Read 116 times)

SteveOA

• Archived User
How Long
« on: October 07, 2003, 08:51:00 PM »

it took about 3-5 min for me and I also have xp

dhcalva

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

Ah man, I think I have bigger problems then...  I let it go for over 2 hours and nothing.

Ripperfang

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »

i had this problem earlier also. i have found this is due to the 2.0 usb system.
try in a port that has 1.0 or 1.1 version usb.
and it should be ok.
else try on some older pc witch as usb.
there is also the possibility that u run the compatibility mode and put it 2 win2000, it may work but i doubt it.

BattleTank

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

Just to be absolutely clear- any programming problem IS NOT due to USB2.0 or XP - I have successfully programmed my X-B.I.T. using a USB2.0 port on a PC running XP Pro without any issues.  The problem is likely to be to do with the chipset and/or the USB drivers for this chipset.

Ripperfang

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

ph34r.gif
thing is that there is nothing (for now) that will make it work in those.
lets just hope that DMS updates the flash app soon  blink.gif

dhcalva

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

I'll try it on my MB's built in usb port tonight.  I was trying to update it via a USB 2.0 port from Adaptec.

I don't have the nforce2 chipset in my machine.  Motherboard is an abit kt7a-raid and the video card is an ati radeon 7200.

I already have Win2K compatability mode on for the flash app.  I'll be sure to let you guys know if changing over to a USB 1 port works or not.

dhcalva

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

Just an update for you guys.  

Switching to my MB's built in USB ports worked.  It's no longer locking up, so it must be something with the adaptec USB 2.0 board.

Gristy

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 07:28:00 AM »

mine went through 0-5 on nforce2 winxpsp1. and then hung. tried it again hung on 0. tried it on laptop which is sis chipset. hung on 0. still.

tried again went through 1-7 real fast. then the program hung yet again. hm

3rd time hung @ 4.

when take usb cable out it continues but obvisouly cant send nething to chip.

so do i just wait?

rahula

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

I use win XP and formating is more like counting 1047 seconds backward. Writing bios takes longer and XP has refreshing issue and it will hang on you when you do other things like browsing internet while the chip is flashing bios. Once the xbit program said writing, don't use your PC at all or the program will hang.

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
How Long
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2003, 10:53:00 AM »

everything worked fine for me on my p3 ibm notebook, win xp pro, usb 1.1 - i did get a verify error on bank 3, and later reflashed it with the same bios and re-verified and it was fine - don't know if i was mulittasking, or maybe it was just a random bad write, but all in all worked fine for me.
i'd make sure the yellow and black connectors are SECURELY installed - took a bit of doing to get them in. also, consider trying different usb drivers for your ports - maybe you can find 1.1 drivers for the 2.0 ports so they'll fall back.
i did NOT use win2k compatability mode - i just slapped the software on my machine and ran with it.
hope this info helps....