xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lpc Full Of Solder?  (Read 110 times)

Ranger72

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« on: October 02, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

Cant you just solder the wires to it?

shootn3zzintulsa

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »

ph34r.gif
All my LPC holes are full of solder.. does this mean i have to completely desolder them before i can install x-bit?

My LPC holes are full too and I am currently using Matrix.  I plan on purchasing X-B.I.T and would think you can solder to it still.  Let me know what you find out.

Thanks.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

you just use the solder thats already there, lol, put the wire to it and heat the wire, it will melt into the solder

sk8ermike6789

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 04:43:00 PM »

are you gonna use pogo?

laser

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »

pogo pin install should work. I tried that on mine and it worked just fine. I only had to take care that the surface of the hole is flat, I think it doesn't matter if the hole is full or not since the pogo pin is springloaded. Just give it a try.

docrock

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »

I have full lpc hole and tried to just mount the xbit atop it but one side of the mod seems to lift up and not make goo contact with the xbox-mobo.

Will i have to solder my xbox.

2. I can get any evolotion-x cd's to load is there another way to load directly to hd.

I know the cause may be non contacting xbit.

Thanks
doc

Ripperfang

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

muhaha.gif
going 2 solder in a day or 2. dont really trust that the pogos will hold for long if i moove arround the box.

SwissMoose

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »

I just installed mine a couple minutes ago on a 1.0 motherboard with LPC full of solder.  As long as you tighten the mounting screw strong enough it will make the mod chip sandwich the little spacer and the xbit will be totally parallel with the mainboard.  If you don't tighten enough you can press on the far edge of the xbit and feel the pogopin springs going in and out.  You just have to kind of feel when it is tight enough and try not to strip anything.  Or you are pretty much screwed and have to go for another install option.  Mine is super tight and I'm not worried about it losing contact in the future.

Insurgo

• Archived User
Lpc Full Of Solder?
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ripperfang @ Oct 9 2003, 05:14 PM)
well i dont know if it is necessary 2 take off the solder or not. but i did and it was the only way that i managed for it 2 work....
muhaha.gif
going 2 solder in a day or 2. dont really trust that the pogos will hold for long if i moove arround the box.

If you tighten it enough the pogo install will hold, I've taken mine on a 160 mile journey with my xbox in the back of the car and it hasnt misaligned.