xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Issue  (Read 140 times)

Absolut

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« on: August 13, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »

Xbox V1.0
Matrix mod chip
Evox v2.6 bios
EvolutionX Dash v1.8.3752

1st few times I booted the Xbox, it said "Matrix Inside" or something like that instead of "MS"
I flashed it from the dashboard unsucessfully, (bad bios image) removed the chip, reflashed with the programmer(using the same bios as before) and now it doesn't say "Matrix Inside" on the boot screen.

Any Ideas?

Other than that, I havn't had any problems with the chip at all.

Rodeman

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

If the bios on your chip is not loading up .. then I would say your chip is not aligned correctly. I had this problem before when I had a bad flash through Evolution X. Make sure the chip is test mode (I think mode 1, both switches on) when you are the aligning the son of a bitch. Hopefully that works.

Absolut

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 08:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rodeman @ Aug 14 2003, 06:16 AM)
If the bios on your chip is not loading up .. then I would say your chip is not aligned correctly. I had this problem before when I had a bad flash through Evolution X. Make sure the chip is test mode (I think mode 1, both switches on) when you are the aligning the son of a bitch. Hopefully that works.

The chip works fine, boots into Evox no problems, works as advertised, just doesnt say Matrix Inside anymore.

Absolut

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (cruisr3k @ Aug 14 2003, 07:35 AM)
The Matrix Inside that you saw before was not actually caused by your bios, but by your version of EvoX.  Just reinstall the version you had before if you like it that much.

I used the exact same file to reflash it as the very first time I flashed it.

AFAIK, the Matrix Inside logo is on the Mod chip itself, advertising the makers of the chip. I have read many posts about people wanting to change the text to something else, but can't because its not handled by the Bios, but rather the chip.

If it was a simple bios edit, I could have fixed it, but all my searching on this board says that it cannot be changed at all, yet mine is missing.

Besides, why would the Evox bios file say Matrix Inside , instead of someting like "Evolution X Inside"?

hedbig

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

if it still works then what the problem its jus some words  dont like it then change it

Absolut

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (hedbig @ Aug 14 2003, 07:02 PM)
dont like it then change it

Ok, how?

Every thread ive searched through says that you can't change  it.

TacoBalls

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »

It has already been explained to you.  The reason it said "Matrix Inside" was because you were running an older version of EvoX.  If you want it to say it again, then reinstall that old version.  There isn't a problem if it doesn't say "Matrix Inside".

Absolut

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (TacoBalls @ Aug 14 2003, 07:26 PM)
It has already been explained to you.  The reason it said "Matrix Inside" was because you were running an older version of EvoX.  If you want it to say it again, then reinstall that old version.  There isn't a problem if it doesn't say "Matrix Inside".

Im using the SAME vesrsion as before.

I removed the Matrix from its package, flashed with Evox 2.6
Installed into xbox, shows matrix logo
Attempt to reflash via EvolutionX, failed
Removed Matrix, reflash with PC using Exact same file as initial flash.
Reintstall, now doesnt have logo. Same bios ver as before, same evolutionx as before.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know there isnt a problem if it doesnt say Matrix Inside, I would just like to pinpoint why it disapeared

TacoBalls

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 11:26:00 AM »

I am sorry I misunderstood.  The only explanation I can think of as to why it disappeared is the bios change.  But, if you're sure it hasn't changed then you're dealing with something I've never heard of.

hedbig

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 09:41:00 AM »

theres a tool on this site that allows you to change the name to anything you want but it dosent work with x2 4977 bios

hedbig

• Archived User
Matrix Issue
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »

its probly just your dvd someof them are a bitch for cd-rws