xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Matrix Mode 4  (Read 84 times)

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
Question About Matrix Mode 4
« on: November 04, 2002, 08:23:00 AM »

Is it dangerous to leave the Matrix on mode 4 permanentely? I mean the light constantly flashes orange and green. Isin't that bad or will the LED get spoilt. I would like to know the statistics of people who keep their mode to 4 permanently.

Thanks so much.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 03:39:00 PM »

sad.gif  uhh.gif

Loken1999

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 05:03:00 PM »

wink.gif

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 11:31:00 PM »

Mode 4 is NOT for the external programmer, Mode 4 is for software flashing via the evox dashboard, and i have no idea if its bad to leave it on all the time, but as for me I'm not paranoid or maybe i just don't care but mine is in mode 4 all the time, maybe someone else will have a more solid answer as to why you should turn it off or leave it on mode 4, i think its alright too

wiseblood

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2002, 12:53:00 AM »

There has been some concern over leaving your Matrix in mode 4 in that M$ could theoretically re-flash your chip's bios from a game or via Xbox Live.
This is just speculation, and no one knows for sure, but you just never know what could happen. (Who could have predicted the XboxLive dashboard update?)
If something like this did happen, you would just have to take out your chip and re-flash it with the programmer.
You could wire up external switches, like a few of us are doing, so that you can change modes without opening up your 'Box every time.
As far as the LED getting burnt out or ruined, I am not entirely sure, but you would think that it would eventually wear out from it constantly flashing.
My PS2 constantly flashes blue when in DVDr boot mode, and it has never worn out, so who knows?

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 06:08:00 PM »

So is there a way to create the mod chip switch outside the XBOX? what all is involved to get that done.

just curious

wiseblood

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2002, 09:07:00 PM »

laugh.gif