xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx  (Read 20 times)

senator

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

Is the aladdin XT - XENO FX bios write protected when only using the always on mode. ie bridging BT and Ground.
Does it require the BT and L1 to be connected to the motherboard so it can enter a writeable state? I know that these points are to get different modes but is the chip always write protected without the use of these points?
Evox finds the chip but can't erase it.

Thanks... for those who know.

senator

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »

Soldered on the BT and L1 points. Can get chip to turn on and off in different modes accept the write protect mode to flash it. It is supposed to go into a flashing LED sequence I think? Instructions are different to another I have read. Can't enter this mode for flashing it seems? Holding button for 2 seconds appears to do squat. Anyone have problems with this cheap arse chip?  I did remove pins from pin header as instructions stated. Maybe it requires one of those LPC points to access chip? I can't remember? been a while since I had any dramas, any one have info aswell on what the LPC points actually do?

Thanks....

antz1970

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

ok ive had a bit of a drink  laugh.gif ,disconnect your bt and l1 points from xbox motherboard theni would connect d0 from xbox mobo to ground , then i would first try bt(from chip) to ground , then if it wouldnt flash i would try connecting bt from chip to l1 point (on chip) i have had to use the bt to l1 connection to flash some of the aladdin chips but cant remember exactly which models , maybe someone can step in with more reliable info , but i dont think any damage can occur , so try it if u want and post back ur results biggrin.gif

senator

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

Tried it first with the chip always enabled. BT linked to ground. Same thing. I gonna put the rest of the pins in the pin header which instructions say to remove, odd? Usually I don't remove them accept the one required to fit lpc. That probably is the drama. Will post back later with results....

senator

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

Don't seem to be able to flash either two of these friggin chips. One on a ver 1.0 and other 1.4.
All LPC header pins soldered on both boxes accept for 1 which needs removal. Tried different ways of BT and ground connections. Shit if I new it was this much hassle to flash these crap chips I would of stayed with the xenium's. Not worth the dollar saving for the hassle. It seems like just can't get into the write protection.
Has anyone had success in flashing these xeno fx chips. If so what dash? etc whats on the evox ini etc? How was it wired up? All the time? how did you enter write protection etc... Need full details.

blink.gif     Thanks anyone....

antz1970

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

have you tried grounding the xbox d0 to a screw hole , then connecting the bt and l1 points of the chip together? if evox is recognising the chip but failing to erase , then the evox .ini file has the correct code to flash the chip and the problem lies purely with the flash protection.

senator

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...d=3353720&st=0&

According to this I have a 4032 and not the other.  
Will any damage occur if I try those points.??
I have also tried Eurasia with raincoat.  Same deal. It failed at erasing and questioned that chip was write protected.  So which points need to be bridged to bypass write protect? Which seems like the problem...
But that post states no protection on the 4032 version..

antz1970

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

as i said i have had to use the bt to l1 trick on a few aladdin chips but cant remember what ones , i dont think it would cause any damage , and if you have already tried connectiong bt from chip to ground and didnt get anywhere , bt to l1 is the only option i can think of trying to be honest  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

i must admit tho i would rather one of the more "experienced" guys around here confirmed that trying bt to l1 will not do any damage , as i dont wanna be resposible for any damage

This post has been edited by antz1970: Apr 20 2006, 06:27 PM

senator

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt - Xeno Fx
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

Been talking to Chancer. Tried some of his suggestions and same deal. Tried BT to L1 aswell and same thing. !!!! Friggin pissing me off now !!!  sleeping.gif  Might hit the sack soon try again tomorrow...