xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help W/ Aladdin Live  (Read 18 times)

s8nzchyld

• Archived User
Help W/ Aladdin Live
« on: August 25, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

OK so heres my concern.after checking through the forums and topics and everything i still cant find out what to do.i recently installed an aladdin live into a version 1.0 xbox.all connections are in place and correct as far as i can tell by viewing a gazillion different schematics.upon powering up in chip mode led lights up and chip boots fine and starts cromwell linux 2.30.continues to boot showing the usb and ide controllers booting.registers the thompson dvd rom and commences to load the menu.once menu is loaded all that shows is the bios option,no dvd or network or anything.wont let me acces anything or load any software from the dvd rom drive.it then tries to search for a dchp connection which it cannot find due to me not having the xbox linked to an ethernet or router or anything.i need to know how i can flash the chip with new bios.i do have the programmer for it but even after the recommended bt wire being soldered to programmer ground and both usb and lpt port connections being made my computer doesnt recognize it.am i really that freaken stupid? i honestly have no clue.PLEASE anybody with any help,advice,or comments respond.thank you greatly in advance for your time and patience.