xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Homebrew Flashing Question...  (Read 37 times)

4nic8r

• Archived User
Homebrew Flashing Question...
« on: March 01, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

I did a homebrew mod to a v1.1 box (my first homebrew) using the executor2 bios.  I was a bit lazy, and just created an emergency boot/flash disk with uniflash that automatically booted and flashed the mobo bios.  The mobo was a throwaway I didn't care about.  I flashed the SST 29EE020 chip with a 256k bios file, and received no errors during the flash.  

My question is whether I flashed this right.  Since the flashrom is bigger than the file, will the 256k be put in the right place?  I got the resets and red/green flashing, so it is obvious the xbox isn't seeing the bios here.  I'm fairly experienced at soldering and took my time, and close inspection didn't reveal any obvious errors, so I thought I'd ask about the flashing before I took it out and tried again.

thanks!  

ModderFr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 12:08:00 PM »

I have numerous SST 29EE020 chips, unfortunately none of which work. 020=2Mbit=256k, the chip is no bigger than the bios you are using. Unless someone can say different, I haven't had any of those SST 29EE020's work.  BTW, mine all flashed perfectly too, they just don't work.  Good luck, hope that helps

peace

4nic8r

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

Thanks.  I'll try to find another chip.  I'm glad I asked before resoldering everything.  Thanks again!