xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Initial Green Then Red  (Read 20 times)

KelMan

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« on: January 13, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

I flashed the Matrix (under WinXP using  WinLPC and "EvoX V3.6_EjectFix - V1.1.bin") on a 1.1 console.
The problem is that when I align the Matrix, I can anly get one green and then all red flashing.
I did everything but no constant green flashing...
I read in one of the tutorials (of this site) that this is how it supposed to happen in 1.1 consoles.
Is it true?
Anyone with the same experience?
I continued once the installation procedure and when I configured the dip switchws to mode 2, the xbox starts and stops 2 times and then the eject button flashes green/red...

Any ideas whould be very apreciated...

Kelman

XbOxGoD

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

i would fill the lpc points with solder as it's near impossible to get the matrix to stay alligned on a v1.1 but yes if you do get the green then red, the matrix is correctly aligned. try reflashing the matrix.

KelMan

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 02:18:00 AM »

Yeap, after several attempts it seems to work now...

There was no flashing problem, I followed the suggestion to solder the holes on the board and ...voila!

Hmmm... All these tutorials should be updated...
Later on, I found this: http://www.geocities.com/knowledgeiv/v1_1.htm

Anyway, I've got a green light now but the evolutionx 1.8.458 CD-R does not boot...

Thanx for the help

senator

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 02:41:00 AM »

CDR may not work unless your drive reads that media !!!
TRY other media CD/RW or it's burnt incorrect.
Can you see if your chip bios is working...???
I don't think you can with that bios try a color mod or Xecuter2 bios,
something which will show you your chip is working...
Are you getting any error messages after the disc fails to boot....

This post has been edited by senator: Jan 14 2003, 10:42 AM

techlogik

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (KelMan @ Jan 14 2003, 09:42 AM)

Hmmm... All these tutorials should be updated...
Later on, I found this: http://www.geocities.com/knowledgeiv/v1_1.htm

Yeah, I have been saying that too...not the complete guides when even Exodus's docs don't tell you this.  But, they do have a post on their home page saying this is how the v1.1 test acts.  I think it is long overdue to update the docs. But, they are busy producing chips and cashing checks right now...

KelMan

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 02:36:00 AM »

Anyway, I've got a green light now but the evolutionx 1.8.458 CD-R does not boot...

Spelling error: CD-RW that is...

It's all OK now!

The first CD-RW was bad... I accidentally discovered it when I tried to read it using xIso...

The second one booted nicely, but I also had a fake green on mode 2!

I discovered that when I screwed the screw all the way I got misalignment while when I relief it a little (about one(!) round) the alignment was perfect. So I put some insulating rings, the ones that we were using to insulate the motherboards on the chassis, back on the old days.

This post has been edited by KelMan: Jan 15 2003, 10:39 AM

Myzz2kal

• Archived User
Initial Green Then Red
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »

Before reading: -Both of these xboxes worked perfectly for a long time until this problem.

OK. If someone could please help me, that would save me some major trouble. My friend's xbox stopped working and now mine is experiencing the same symptoms. It isn't the chip or the drive either, I don't think (or maybe the chip gets fried because of a virus). See, what happens is: I power on the xbox, but then it goes on and then back off, and on and back off, and so forth (maybe a few times, each of which lasts about 1-2 seconds) until the green light flashes to red and back to green repeatedly. The green error message used to show up on my friend's xbox, but now nothing shows on the screen. So, I first put slayers in his drive to see if I could fix it that way, but the box wouldn't read the disk even though it definitely was the right disk (tested it before). Then, I tested the hard drive by removing his and replacing it with my good one. After powering his xbox on, the same situation occured. Thereafter, I attached my hard drive back to my xbox and all of a sudden, when I turned mine on to test the drive (MY whole XBOX was working fine before I tested his), the first drive on my xbox now had his virus/ symptoms even though I used the second drive on my extended xbox to test HIS xbox. Not knowing what to do after, thinking that I may have somehow accidentally put his drive back on mine, I replaced the hard drive with the one I removed from his xbox and powered mine on. This was an even worse mistake because I had put the correct drive on at first, and now his drive was on mine and my whole xbox is now completely not working. It has the exact same symptoms as his. I replaced the drive with mine again and it still does the same thing. Neither of them work, they just power on and off, then to the red/green flash on the eject button. Neither of them read the slayers disk now, even though mine definitely did before I tested his. Lastly, I tried to switch the memory bank on the chip to the remaining selection, but this didn't work either. Can anyone help me with this? This seems like some sort of Virus ???

Please email me at [email protected] if you can help me. Posting on this site will help as well, but I want to make sure I receive the response.

PLEASE HELP!

THANKS!!!