xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Networking Xbox To Pc - No Communication  (Read 86 times)

Zombiman

• Archived User
Networking Xbox To Pc - No Communication
« on: February 02, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(trick @ Aug 31 2003, 04:38 PM) *

Okie here is the scenerio. I just built a new PC. I have been networking my PC and Xbox through a Linksys internet router. I use DHCP to assign the IP addresses. The PC recieves an address of 192.168.1.100, and the Xbox 192.168.1.101.

Today I went into FlashFXP to upload some files to my xbox and I could not connect. I looked on the Xbox screen and it was obtaining an IP from the router still, and so was my PC.

I reset the router to factory defaults. They still obtained IP addresses. I swapped out lan cables, and still not connection. I try to ping 192.168.1.101 from my pc, and get 100% packet loss. They are just not talking.

- I do not have the XP firewall turned on, or any simular software such as Zonealarm or anything else.

-I get link lights for both nics on my router.

I have no idea what might have changed when I installed XP on my new machine, but something does not like something here.
Has anyone seen this problem before? Any advice would be appreciated. I am at my wits end now.
Trick

is the XBOX looking for an IP of **.**.**.101?  check the network settings in the XBOX

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:20:00 AM »

i find its better to use static ip adresses.
The router's ip is the default gateway (the ip you use to see the routers config page) "192.168.1.254?" <--- could be diferent.
you should be able to check your routers ip via your pc by:
going start then to run,
then type: cmd
and finaly type: ipconfig /all
Your default gatway ip should be listed, and if you type that in as a url to your web browser "http://192.168.1.254" you should get to your routers config/login page.

you can still use the *.*.*.101 and *.*.*.100 but just manualy asign them.
on the pc you asign them by getting to my network connections right clicking the LAN icon
going to properties, and then highlight internet protocall (tcp/ip) then clicking properties.  (assuming your using windows xp)

I find with the xbox i have to set it to static save and restart then set the ip address and save andrestart again.

QUOTE(Zombiman @ Jun 2 2011, 06:21 AM) *

is the XBOX looking for an IP of **.**.**.101?  check the network settings in the XBOX

Damn it man this posts form 03.
you revived it and i didnt check till after i posted

This post has been edited by shambles1980: Yesterday, 02:18 PM

trick

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 02:38:00 PM »

Okie here is the scenerio. I just built a new PC. I have been networking my PC and Xbox through a Linksys internet router. I use DHCP to assign the IP addresses. The PC recieves an address of 192.168.1.100, and the Xbox 192.168.1.101.

Today I went into FlashFXP to upload some files to my xbox and I could not connect. I looked on the Xbox screen and it was obtaining an IP from the router still, and so was my PC.

I reset the router to factory defaults. They still obtained IP addresses. I swapped out lan cables, and still not connection. I try to ping 192.168.1.101 from my pc, and get 100% packet loss. They are just not talking.

- I do not have the XP firewall turned on, or any simular software such as Zonealarm or anything else.

-I get link lights for both nics on my router.

I have no idea what might have changed when I installed XP on my new machine, but something does not like something here.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any advice would be appreciated. I am at my wits end now.

Trick