xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63

Author Topic: 4 Hard Drives, Sammy 616t, Router, USBHub  (Read 4260 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
4 Hard Drives, Sammy 616t, Router, USBHub
« on: December 30, 2003, 02:33:00 AM »

smile.gif.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkollek @ Oct 1 2003, 08:15 PM)
yea ur case will look cool

but i do not really see the point of fitting two drives inside.
First off there will little air movement and it will get VERy hot. second... Its just SOO much better to get an external case type thing... but not really a case but a drawer with a fan... then add some custom work to an IDE and caboom u got an external drive and an easy way of connecting it..  Sort of the same idea as 411g but different.

Im progably going to write a tut on this.. the ones out there now are not very good. So i can improve on some things they missed.

all this talk about 2 hard drives 4 hard drive not sure this will work with xbox but i dont see why it wouldnt if you had linux but i seen these mods on adding the usb ports could you plug and external HD into these usb posts?

rekphour

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

i just sat down for the last 3 hours and read ever reply, my eyes hurt

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (deacon187 @ Dec 30 2003, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (mkollek @ Oct 1 2003, 08:15 PM)
yea ur case will look cool

but i do not really see the point of fitting two drives inside.
First off there will little air movement and it will get VERy hot. second... Its just SOO much better to get an external case type thing... but not really a case but a drawer with a fan... then add some custom work to an IDE and caboom u got an external drive and an easy way of connecting it..  Sort of the same idea as 411g but different.

Im progably going to write a tut on this.. the ones out there now are not very good. So i can improve on some things they missed.

all this talk about 2 hard drives 4 hard drive not sure this will work with xbox but i dont see why it wouldnt if you had linux but i seen these mods on adding the usb ports could you plug and external HD into these usb posts?

lots of people have spent the time to read through this entire thread... if you read even the first few pages you'd know that this isn't a problem at all and has already been solved

actually the 4 hard drives thing ss already up and working

if you're confused about the technical side to it and how he has 4 hard drives and dones't run lunux... look for project 411 pal pretty much did the same thing the only differece is he fit it all in one case

as for the usb port drive you can but it recognizes it as a memory card... so you can't run games from it

please please please read before you post

Hoppy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »

beerchug.gif Bump for a good thread.    beerchug.gif

Palmore

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

Hey all, I'm back! wam-bam! y0y0

I'm planning a full rebuild again, I dropped my case lol, and never got around to rebuilding it in the first place. Now my CD-ROM is toast, so I guess it's time to buy a samsung eh? my original 120giger should be RMA'd here shortly (man they are slow) and everything should start rolling again... /crosses fingers

And twisted, I haven't forgotten about you, was wanting to get more pics, but now that I have a busted case, that's alil hard =/ I'll make do with what I have =)

Time to get this thread back to life!  MEDIC! lol

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

wink.gif

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

Now my CD-ROM is toast, so I guess it's time to buy a samsung eh?

hahaha, damn i'm sorry but i jynxed your

l2u84n 666

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »

IF someone already said this, sorry, havent read all 4 pages of this thread yet... But maybe you should save some space for a BIGGER POWER SUPPLY!!!!  Because with all these fans and hard disks you are talking about, you are going to need it!  (  Unless all HDD's are not powered up at once...  that would be noisy also LOL  )  Looks very sweet though!  Good luck

rekphour

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

Palmore

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (l2u84n 666 @ Jan 7 2004, 02:33 PM)
IF someone already said this, sorry, havent read all 4 pages of this thread yet... But maybe you should save some space for a BIGGER POWER SUPPLY!!!!  Because with all these fans and hard disks you are talking about, you are going to need it!  (  Unless all HDD's are not powered up at once...  that would be noisy also LOL  )  Looks very sweet though!  Good luck

4 pages? =) there's 28 pages.

And nah, no bigger PSU, like you said Only 1 Drive runs at once, so it's gravy =)

And twisted, yeah, I think I might do that, I'll be spending toooo much time redoing everything, so I may take you up on the pre-modded 616 =) I'll get in touch

l2u84n 666

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 05:55:00 AM »

Has the project died out?  I hope not!  ( and i meant 14 instead of 4, i have my prefs changed to see more posts per page )  As of now, is there anything you might need "donated" to you, a tight budget on such a sick project is a bummer.  I am willing to send over whatever I could spare to save you a buck.  Good luck w/ everything...

EDIT:  at this time, your views on this thread are tied with ANY LED!

Enfurno

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

seriously amazing, i wish i had the tools/time/extra cash too pull somthing of this caliber off, awesome work, you get the Enfurno Platinum Xbox award, never before given too anyone..

not that it means much either other than i love your box and its by far the most extensive mod i have seen. =)

Palmore

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (l2u84n 666 @ Jan 8 2004, 03:55 PM)
Has the project died out?  I hope not!  ( and i meant 14 instead of 4, i have my prefs changed to see more posts per page )  As of now, is there anything you might need "donated" to you, a tight budget on such a sick project is a bummer.  I am willing to send over whatever I could spare to save you a buck.  Good luck w/ everything...

EDIT:  at this time, your views on this thread are tied with ANY LED!

Actually whats holding me up the most is me getting around to ordering a case to restart with, the cd-rom I can save up for, and I can use a friends (I hope lol) to rebuild all the data lost in the disaster.

I'll also be saving up for a small 4 port router (10/100 of course) and a small USB hub (maybe a belkin).

I was planning on ordering a couple cases from Llamma.com and seeing what I can come up with, and maybe actually even start selling custom case tops with things such as custom cut DVD windows and custom moldded parts.

Wanting to see how the second case I create comes out before I commit to something along those lines, but it is something I enjoyed oding  wink.gif

And yeah as with the views, they both are topped out at 32767 views due to the fact that the integer variable used in the coding of the forum software only goes upto that number, now lets just see if we can reach the top number of pages for the thread wink.gif lol j/k

Anyway, if you have anything to donate, I would GREATLY appreciate it, but nothings expected, I'm more of a giver then a taker lol.

beerchug.gif

Spac3d

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

Wow, this is the first time I have seen this thread, but pretty freakin sweet. It is a shame you dropped it, but I wouldn't mind seeing what is left of it ... if you don't mind showing another Columbus member. I got lots of friends that live over near you so I am in that neck of the woods often.

Good luck on your rebuild!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63