xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbc2.9 To Dl Dvd  (Read 97 times)

Al1ens

• Archived User
Xbc2.9 To Dl Dvd
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

Right, done some more digging (hopefully not deeper into a hole) and would appreciate some confirmation.

The 7GB iso of my xbox1 disc created with xbc can be burnt to a dual layer disc in the usual manner and used in my xbox360 as it's a backwards compatible game. No worries.

If I want to create a single layer copy for use in a modded xbox1 console, I have to use an app like xdvdmulleter. I understand this now.

New issue:
Following soso's guide, using the create iso in dvd5 format, I make a 4.37GB file. With no xbox live, do I have to worry about stealth and ss, dmi etc? Can I just burn the mulleted iso to disc and play?
When I've ran the iso through the checks it noted 'video appears perculiar' and some tick boxes were left unchecked. Work or no work?

Then I thought instead of remaking the iso from the xbc extraction, could I rebuild it by using the original disk in my SH-D162D.
Clicking the option load from dvd, the game is recognised and I select create standard xbox disc and it makes the iso. It takes longer than the other method, but the files are the same size. When I open them for inspection in mulleter both versions have the same folders and files etc... I've browsed the contents of each iso, though the tick boxes are different.
Will this ripped iso work?

Ta

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Xbc2.9 To Dl Dvd
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

If you are looking to play backup xbox 1 games on an xbox 1, you need not make 1:1 copies. You simply need DVD2Xbox installed on the xbox to copy the game files off of the original disc, and then build an iso from those files using qwix or craxtion (sp) and then burn on a single layer DVD.

If you want your Xbox 1 copies to work on the 360, I can't help you with that one.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Xbc2.9 To Dl Dvd
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

Very true. There are a few ways to backup xbox 1 games.

QUOTE(Al1ens @ Aug 6 2010, 04:48 AM) View Post

I don't want to go overboard on the cost. Basic (ie cheaply as possible) is the keyword here.

I do believe single layer DVD's are still much cheaper than DL unless you are saying you already have DL and it would cost you to buy some single layer.

Also, 98% of original xbox games will fit on a single layer DVD so to put them on a dual layer is....I can't fathom it. Must be the penny pincher in me talking.  laugh.gif

I just thought of something. No wonder M$ lost their ass producing the xbox. They were using expensive (at the time) dual-layer discs to print 2gb games!  jester.gif

Al1ens

• Archived User
Xbc2.9 To Dl Dvd
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »

The games that are ripped from XBC are 7.2 GB, and according to guides I've seen on here, I believe can be burnt to a DL disc and used in a 360 if backward compatible - Unless confirmed otherwise on here.

As stated previously, a couple of games I have are not BC, so will need to be re-built to a single dvd and used on a yet to be purchased old console.
Obviously I don't want to buy another box and fit a mod if my backups will not work, which is why I got the dirt cheap games before the machine to test out the processes involved.
I'll put the isos on whatever discs they need to be on to work, as this time I won't bother with a HD.

If 'Hello Kitty's roller rescue' wasn't my kids fave game ever,  love.gif  or if it were on the compatible list I'd just stick with my Jasper and be done.
I just need to know from someone with XBC and Mulleter experience what's the deal?