xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 4gb Partion?  (Read 57 times)

got333

• Archived User
4gb Partion?
« on: October 01, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

Yeah I looked in all over the place for the solution to my problem but found nothing, hope some one can help.  Well my problem is when I try to make an XISO with any program it tells me I need a NSTF (something like that) partion over 4GB I have no Idea what to do I've tryed to make one but I can only make the FAT32 partion. Any Ideas????????

lordvader129

• Archived User
4gb Partion?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »

FAT32 does not support files larger than 4gb, to create larger files you need to be running NTFS

patto

• Archived User
4gb Partion?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

yep, but if you're running 2000/xp you can convert your drive to ntfs without destroying your windows install

look up the 'convert' command

got333

• Archived User
4gb Partion?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 01:39:00 AM »

Im running windows ME and I have three hard drives in it the boot drive is a 40 GB the second is 120GB drive and the thrid is a small 20 GB one I only have two running at the same time

KamisamaVX

• Archived User
4gb Partion?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »

Yup. You've reached that point in every man's life when it's time to upgrade. Sometimes you just gotta let go of the past. I have a friend that just RECENTLY let go of Windows 95. No joke. He said it was because he 'had it set up the way he wanted'.  Yeesh. To people like this I say "If you're THAT lazy or incompetent, Windows has this really lame 'files and settings transfer wizard.' It's cheesy, but hey, I suppose it works."
...and he ONLY upgraded because he had to. Seems they don't make replacement disks for Office 97 anymore. Poor guy. I'm collecting money to pay for his mental health bills, by the way.