xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Problem W/ Ncaa 2006  (Read 312 times)

TheAznIdiot

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« on: July 12, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

I was able to copy everything over but i was not able to play the game. This is frustrating!

buckwilde

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »

Same here!  Everything copied fine but when I select the icon it freezes at the loading screen!

I guess EA has caught up to us!!!  The bastiges!  smile.gif

Buck

tic-tac

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

Anyone able to successfully back this up yet?  pop.gif

jjjjlong

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(tic-tac @ Jul 15 2005, 12:31 PM)
Anyone able to successfully back this up yet?  pop.gif

mmac123

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »

Has anyone tried a DVD backup, or are all these problems just related to backing up to the HD?

mrredskin

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(mmac123 @ Jul 16 2005, 03:20 AM)
Has anyone tried a DVD backup, or are all these problems just related to backing up to the HD?

mrredskin

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »

anyone else having this problem or know what to try?

mrredskin

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

here's what i've tried:

cleared cache from e drive.  didnt work.  two files were there.  something like xxxxxxxx00.bin and xxxxxxxx08.bin.  forgot what came before the 00 and 08  but i deleted them and they reappeared.  

was successful in acutally getting the game copied to my HDD, but when i try running from that i get the same dirty/damaged disc error.  so, clearing cache did nothing for me i dont guess.

chris86wm

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

i made a dvd backup of the game using nero and it plays fine

mrredskin

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

I'm looking at avalaunch right now, and it shows a "dashupdate.xbe" file that's 57052kb on the ncaa 2006 disc.  Is this file needed, and could this possibly be what is keeping some of us from being able to run the game at all?  i have no clue, just a question.  There is also a "defeault.exe" and "update.exe" file that are not included in any subfolders.  These are the only three files not included in a subfolder.

jonnyfrag

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

I was going to post about this and looks like some others already have. Here's what I have.
Backup not working...will not boot at all.
Orginal will not boot at all...gets me to a generic X screen and that's it.

Interestingly enough, I also got Flatout and it will get me all the way to the loading screen for the game (i.e. past all the company splashes) and then locks. Backup and orginal.

Just softmodded this week and have had no problems with anything else.
I am thinking perhaps these games either:
1. Try to update the dashboard and then fail because of X-Evol or Avalaunch and then poop out
2. These are hitting a "double" digital rights manangement and pop out after the initial boot.

Anyone try an image minus those extra files yet? I am going to try and will report later.

If anyone else is having the Flatout issues please post as well... must be similar showstoppers on these (since they just both shipped very recently)

mrredskin

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

great!  glad to hear you're going to try without those files.  im trying to make an iso but am having trouble (see my other post on here near this one)... btw what is Flatout?

jonnyfrag

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

Flatout is the racing/destruction derby game that has been out forever in the UK that just came here.  In fact this very site has banner ads for it. It is most easily known as the one that lets you shoot your driver thru the windshield and play darts with them and all. The Xbox mag had a demo a few months back on it.

In fact, the banner ad says the 19th as a release date but I got it from a local chain store today...hmm wonder if they pulled a Harry Potter and get them out too early.

mikesmooth

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

my copy works fine theres a another app in the xbox that u can use called pxhddloader

heres the link

http://section41.mat...p?showtopic=177

jonnyfrag

• Archived User
Problem W/ Ncaa 2006
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

Tried leaving out the 2 extra files....
Still not working...  for those that have had sucess getting this to work...what is your config like? Chipped or softmodded? Evox or Avaluanch etc?
Keep in mind that I am talking about even getting the orginal retail disc to launch, not play off the hdd or a backup copy, although that would be the end result I would like.

**edit** also tried to rip it and also launch it with the pxhdd loader ... still no go
Pages: [1] 2 3