xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor 2 - Knights Of The Old Republic 2 - New Prob  (Read 65 times)

a2002adam

• Archived User
Kotor 2 - Knights Of The Old Republic 2 - New Prob
« on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

KOTOR 2 stops loading at exactly the same place every time, just after I've created a new character. I've altered the ini file, checked the clock, renamed the folder, deleted the savegame and tried again, deleted the CACHE files on E, X, Y and Z, used unleashx to play it in 'PAL' mode, loaded it using Evox and Avalaunch, changed the IGR on and off, and probably other things too, but it still happens. I can remember having a very similar prob with KOTOR, but I think I just changed the clock/date and deleted the savegame and it worked, but this time no such luck.

Every time it freezes and stops loading, if I go to the savegame manager, it shows that the game has made a savegame 12 blocks big for KOTOR 2, but only a main save for the whole game, no individual saves for specific characters if you know what I mean.

I've got the latest Xecuter BIOS and latest UnleashX etc. V.1.0 xbox with Xecuter 2 chip. Funny thing is, the SWRC demo on the same disk works fine, and this is the only game I've got a problem with. Any other solutions? Maybe somebody had a similar problem with KOTOR and tried something I haven't tried with KOTOR 2. I'm desperate to play this game!

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the savegame, but absolutely no idea what. What settings can I change to give different results?

Has anybody got a savegame they can send me that starts right from the beginning so I can load it up and try it on my xbox? Thanks

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

Also, do I need to patch this game for any reason? I've got the latest Xecuter BIOS so I didn't think so, but I'm going through all the options...

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

Ok cool. It's weird how we get this problem and most other people don't. Did you have a similar problem with KOTOR, if you have it..

scibs

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

I am having the same problem......I am running UnleashX as well.....that might have something to do with it......My original copy wont even load right after I create my character.....did I just waste $50 on a game that won't even play legaly on my xbox?

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

ive tried other dashes and it's the same, i dont think it's the dash, in fact im near-certain it's the savegame - do u guys get a 12 block KOTOR 2 save after it freezes and you restart?

We need someone to post a savegame that we can test, one that starts straight after the character creation, at the very beginning, with default settings. Anybody?

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

For some reason this game has problems playin from the hdd and since there is no hdd fix available ull need to play it from the original disc or an optamized iso dvd backup! beerchug.gif

middle*of*nowhere

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

cool, but u backed it up, im trying to play it off the hdd, and loading that save game still freezes the loading from the hdd, only it gets slgihtly further along

Dareious_Rafe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

I'm playin off the HDD, i just made a backup so I could get past known BSOD spots near the beginning of the game. I do have a save a few minutes into the game, still during the prologue that loads fine when playin the game from HDD. I'll have it up in a minute. I'll try to be as much help as I can

Dareious_Rafe

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

Here is the save, should load up just fine playin off the HDD. biggrin.gif BTW It's an XBSM save

sublimer55

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

ok guys, i think im having the same problem. I get the "disc you are using may be dirty or damged" warning right after character creation. This happens whether off of the HD or from original DVD. I thought it was bc i had an older version of dvd2xbox so i got the new one that takes off all the media flags...still didn't work. if i just dl a save that gets me past this point, will this happen again u think? Well if anyone has any ideas that would be great. xb0x-saves is down for awhile it seems, can anyone send me the save?
[email protected]

thanx a bunch to everyone here.

Stokes2350

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »

My KOTOR II on my hdd works fine might be unleash x since you all have it  sad.gif  my specs are in my sig

Mad_Max3

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fill @ Jan 12 2005, 04:35 PM)
my game gets as far as the Peragus just after t3 gets shot my game crashes and i get a black screen anyone elese getting this?

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

Installed on the HDD, i get halfway through the loading screen after character creation and i get the dirty disk error.

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

I think i have a solution, it works for me and i cant see it not working for others.

Original Post