xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Fable  (Read 867 times)

Sennin

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

No, its a regular dvd.

As far As I know there havent been any issues backing it up so far.

chaosldmc

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

awesome,  just hope that i won't get the dirty disc message like others here have.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

dry.gif

Anyway, I merged three threads about Fable, and will continue to try to keep all Fable related discussions in this single thread.

Help me out by replying to this thread, instead of creating new Fable topics.

Thanks guys and gals!  beerchug.gif

chefelf

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Sep 15 2004, 03:37 PM)
Help me out by replying to this thread, instead of creating new Fable topics.

Wishful thinking?  rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I knew it was bad when there were people asking questions about it a month ago, not even waiting to see if there were any problems before creating them in their imagination.

Jedi_Rainman

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

I went to my local Gamestop this morning and waited for them to open. I got my copy of Fable, came straight home, popped it into the Xbox, used DVD2 Xbox and reset. I selected the game from the menu and it loaded 100%. No problems here.

Cathesdus

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

Ok look.  For those of you who are downloading torrents (I know you are, don't lie), there is a chance that the game is corrupt.  Let me explain the "Dirty Disk" error:

When the person that copies the game to his xbox has a dirty disk, the files are obviously not going to copy right.  The xbox doesn't know wether your loading it off of a disk or not, so when it try to load a certain file and it can't do so successfully, it gives that error, because the game assumes the disk is dirty (If anyone has a damaged disk already they should be slapped).  So what you need to do is Either make sure your disk is clean or your dvd drive is clean and for those of you downloading torrents, your basically playing a game of Risk, because the person who copied it may have a corrupt copy, but thankfully for you little pirates, most people are kind and don't seed bum copies of games.

This should be the final word on the dirty disk eror.  No, there is no top secret anti-backup software genetically encoded onto the disk, it's just the disk itself or your xbox.  And for those of you who are saying the game won't run right while it is copied onto a DVD-R, though it is a DVD, it reads slightly different, a little more sensitive to be honest.  Make sure both DVD's are clean when you copy.  Also, if your trying to run the game on a burned DVD and Un-Modded Xbox, your wasting your time because you will ALWAYS get the Dirty Disk error.  It's called a Media Flag.  Research them and you may be able to correct your problem.

Cathesdus

chefelf

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

It's most likely a media compatibility issue.  Make sure the brand/type of disc you're using is compatible with your Xbox's DVD drive.

chefelf

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (dmn @ Sep 15 2004, 05:45 PM)
srry but i wasrnt using bit torrent  tongue.gif  and ive been using these dvd's for quite a while and theyve always worked ........... should i just try downloading it form somwhere else?

Are you trying to ruining the Fable thread for everyone?  I was going to tell Cathesdus to stop making assumptions but apparently he was right.  dry.gif

Keep this thread free of piracy talk or it will be closed.  dmn, enjoy your vacation from posting.

chefelf

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

XBOX-SCENE is not here to help you with your DOWNLOADED WAREZ or backing up rented or borrowed games you don't legally own.  If you have legitimate backups needs and interest.. there are more than enough guides and tutorials that explain the process of making archival backups of your investment.  XS does not condone or endorce piracy. This is non-negotaible.

If you download the game and it doesn't work that's your problem not ours.  I've been backing up for quite some time and I've NEVER had a problem backing up ANY game that I have purchased.  Funny how that works.  dry.gif

Cathesdus

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

Well I know they were downloading it from somewhere because why else would they be talking about burning it?  I wasn't trying to go against the rules.  Sorry if I did so in any way just that I don't think the Fable thread needs to be flooded with "Why my Illegally downloaded Warez version of Fable gets a disk read error".

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (dmn @ Sep 15 2004, 02:45 PM)
srry but i wasrnt using bit torrent  tongue.gif  and ive been using these dvd's for quite a while and theyve always worked ........... should i just try downloading it form somwhere else?

No you should not download it from anywhere.  You DO own a legal copy right?!  

Every version on the internet (that I know of) is broken which is one reason why you shouldn't download games from the internet aside from the fact that it is ILLEGAL or discussing downloads will get you BANNED from this site!  

Just back it up off your ORIGINAL or go whine somewhere else.  muhaha.gif

ziggyzboy

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

yeah stop smoking crack

Arius

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

sad.gif so I havent played it yet.

Is it good ? Does it live up to the hype ?

It would be good to get a review from a real gamer, cause you cant trust some reviews.

EDIt //

My bad I must be blind

http://forums.xbox-s...opic=275968&hl=

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (Oxalic @ Sep 16 2004, 12:37 PM)
Something has to be messed up with fable, my experience:
1) Obtained a legal, brand-new copy of Fable
2) Loaded EvoX and used FlashFXP to transfer it to my PC
3) Downloaded the latest Craxtion
4) Used Craxtion to make an iso
5) Used Nero to burn Fable (Dvd+R burned at 4x)
6) Put it in boots up, all good so far
7) i create a new game, it begins to load
8) Finishes laoding
9) Dirty Disc Error

Review: (from a friend who played it) It's fun, nice combat system, but can be beaten in 12 hours.

First things first...does the original work?  With the modchip on?  With the modchip off?  blink.gif

AJay

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

It will let me rip fable to my HD, but for some reason when i start the game, the screen starts jumping. even when i leave teh game, and go to the dashboard it is still jumping.  The only other game that it has done this for is Spiderman 2. Anyone have any idea of how i can fix this problem????

Much Thanks
AJay
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13