xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden Backup  (Read 175 times)

dtechlogic

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »

well guys i am not having problem playing it off my HDD i bought the game and back it up on my HDD and i havent' encounter an problem playing and now i am trying to  unlock the classic game that's hidden in it. Well maybe because i did not delete movies so i am not having problem

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (dtechlogic @ Mar 15 2004, 07:21 PM)
well guys i am not having problem playing it off my HDD i bought the game and back it up on my HDD and i havent' encounter an problem playing and now i am trying to  unlock the classic game that's hidden in it. Well maybe because i did not delete movies so i am not having problem

Same here.  I'd really like to try to find out why people aren't getting this to work.  I FTPed to my PC from the D: on my XBox, then FTPed it back to the hard drive, rebooted so that Evox knew it was there and it ran just fine.  I didn't even have to start over with the savegame files.  It loaded the files I started with the disc just fine.

So, if some of you with problems really do have the original disc -- excellent!  But there are only 3 reasons I can think of why a group of you guys can't get this to work.

#1  You all have issues with your network (XBox/PC hardware and software) causing errors in files.

#2  You all don't know how to copy games to the HDD from the disc.

#3  You all $own!0a$e$ the same "backup" from the same place with the same problem inherent in the files.

From what I have seen on the boards, #3 is the best assumption.  I can't imagine dozens of people are all having the same problems while others of us with the original retail discs are having no problems. ( this is an assumption, not an accusation.)

FYI -- I run a 1.4 XBox (Sammy) with a self-installed AppleX V (Apple BIOS) and the latest Evox.  I use FlashFXP to rip my game discs to my PC and then back to the XBox HDD.  I get an avg of 6.6 MB/s with FXP, which allows a large game like Halo or Ninja Gaiden to be ripped in ~20 minutes.  That's why I don't use DVD2XBOX.

So, if you guys want this problem to be taken more seriously, then help us out.  What method do you use?  What chip?  What BIOS?  What Evox?  Maybe all of you guys having problems are having problems with these "nonsense" utilities you are putting in your XBoxes.  Maybe DVD2XBOX isn't doing something right with this game.  We don't know because you guys with the problems don't really provide any information.  

(In another forum, someone posted that they played the game through for many hours then WHAM, it stopped.  Several others reported "me too."  Well guess what?  The fix was that they were missing a file.  Hehehe.  How did so many people rip their "original disc" and all end up missing the same file?  Hmmm, sounds like someone was $0wn~!0a$ing a bad release.. lol... get caught with your pants down?)

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

I never said I was special nor that I needed special recognition.  Someone suggested that I was a liar because I posted three different parts of my resume in three different posts and couldn't imagine how they could all be true.  I posted a paragraph describing most of what I have done in the last 9 years of my life.  I didn't ask anyone to bow down to me.

telamon

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

cool.gif
everyone needs to feel special sometimes  wink.gif

Back to NG;  bout the locked ninjagaiden 2&3  i suppose that most of your noticed the other xbe's in the NG folder. I think one of them was "NinjaGaidenTrilogy.xbe" or something. Tried manually launching it with XBMC all i get is a black screen :/ , The same thing worked for HouseOfTheDead3 , the hotd2 xbe was easily launched via XBMC and you could play  hotd2 without needing to finish the game =)
I'm not saying that it's hard to finish the game. I just like to have an alternate possibility  rolleyes.gif

I wonder if it possibles to provide parameters to an xbe on launch. Or if it is possible for  2 xbe's to communicate with eachoter except the savefiles.  When it comes to retail games I mean. They usually don't store/load any data from/to the saves folder and the audio soundtrack folder.

RxKxPx7: Word of advice get another release, how you get it is your own buissness =) I think the copy you have is crippled.

And that "keep it to yourself part" does work. This is an online forum you don't need to prove anything at all; you do not even need to prove your own existance. The person who put you in question is the one who failed to keep it to himself/herself.  Our responsibility is to keep the forums clean, and that is best done by keeping your own words sanitized.

RxKxPx7

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

I want to be perfectly clear to everyone... that PIRACY POSTS.. especially ones that endorse, encourage downloading of pirate files, including directions, links and pointers.. will result in people losing their account on XS.

This is usually done without warning.

heinrich

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

also, vague talk of piracy is not allowed, ie: get another release, I "got" this game, etc.  There are dozens of other sites on the internet that allow outright piracy talk, please use your favorite search engine to find one of these sites if you would like to openly talk about piracy, just keep it out of these forums.

This topic is useless anyway, the game works fine backed up, there is nothing else that needs to be done outside of the normal media patch.
Pages: 1 2 [3]