xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden Backup  (Read 176 times)

moistness

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« on: March 09, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (munkie66686 @ Mar 9 2004, 04:46 PM)
Is it possible to get NG to actually play from the HD?

Yep! cool.gif

cowgabuger

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »

hmm... if it reallys is the case of the movies, then rip both the jap and eng movies off and see how it goes smile.gif

I don't know if this maybe a problem but after the end of chapter 4, there is a cutscene with this big breast blonde lady fightin a red dinosaur but during that part, it skip frames like crazy, like it move one frame, then stop for 2 seconds, then move to the 5 frame, then stop 2 second and it kept on repeating it like that... but after that fighting part, the cutscene starting to play normally...

I guess the problem is I burn my dvd-rw disk a little too fast or else it's probably a cheap brand but why does it only skip frames on that scene but not the other, base on what i'm guessing, the cutscene was probably in a quality that was too hight in require to read a huge amount of file size at a time and the Disk isn't fast enough... then it starting to give you a dirty disc error smile.gif

Anyone else experiencing this problem too?

cowgabuger

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (munkie66686 @ Mar 9 2004, 04:52 PM)
Explain it to me?
Im obviously doing something wrong sad.gif

okay, what mochips/bios or exploit you're using?

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (munkie66686 @ Mar 9 2004, 04:52 PM)
Explain it to me?
Im obviously doing something wrong sad.gif

Yup, you most likely are.

1. Boot XBox to Evox.
2. Get the ORIGINAL RETAIL disc.
3. Put ORIGINAL RETAIL disc in XBox tray.
4. FTP or FXP the contents of D on your XBox to your PC.
5. FTP or FXP the files back to your XBox, but save it to its own folder in E:
6. If Evox is set up to automatically detect the game in E:\Games then it will appear.
7. Done.

I think there are programs out there that others use to copy straight from the DVD drive to the XBox HDD, but in my opinion its nonsense.  If you have a properly configured network, you should be able to get 7+ MB/s (megabytes, not megabits) per sec so I don't see the need to fill your XBox will all that garbage.

Some people may be having problems with this because they got a do@#&$!*ed copy of the game.  Unless you are a moron or don't have Evox set up right, I really don't see how you can fail copying the files from the ORIGINAL DISC to the PC then to your XBox HDD.

cowgabuger

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

I'm not even sure if you can really run this game on your hard-drive that easily becuase there are so many people is having problem with this...

so the previous "YEP" can be counted as 50% biggrin.gif

anyways, since you have ripped out all the jap movies, try to turn off the jap sub also...

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

Learn to troubleshoot, dude!

If you are having problems with putting the game on your HDD without the Jap' movies then put it on the HDD with the Jap' movies.  You can always remove them later once you get it working.

Your ORIGINAL RETAIL disc rip should be 6.0 GB.  Mine was.  After removing the files with 'J' it should still be 3.6 GB.

moistness

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (cowgabuger @ Mar 9 2004, 05:05 PM)
I'm not even sure if you can really run this game on your hard-drive that easily becuase there are so many people is having problem with this...

anyways, since you have ripped out all the jap movies, try to turn off the jap sub also...

dry.gif  some people have trouble washing on a regular basis! dry.gif

cowgabuger

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »

I'm sorry to hurt anyone feeling... sad.gif

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

LOL.  How many of the "so many people" you refer to have the original disc?  Hmmm.  0%?  I have the original and it plays just fine off my HDD with an AppleX V (orig. BIOS) and whatever Evox Dash I installed.

moistness

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (PolarBearWY @ Mar 9 2004, 05:15 PM)

LOL.  How many of the "so many people" you refer to have the original disc?  Hmmm.  0%?  I have the original and it plays just fine off my HDD with an AppleX V (orig. BIOS) and whatever Evox Dash I installed.

laugh.gif

moistness

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (cowgabuger @ Mar 9 2004, 05:14 PM)
I'm sorry to hurt anyone feeling... sad.gif

No need to appologise dude, I'm just an arsehole!! tongue.gif

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (munkie66686 @ Mar 9 2004, 05:19 PM)
sounds like a great idea PolarBear
im going to try that as soon as I get home but for now i have to sit in class for 3 hours  dry.gif

Class?  I wish I had taken classes that would give me access to the internet.  My degree was in geophysics so I used Unix machines to process 1000s of GBs of seismic data.  While processing that kind of data, Netscape was slow.

lowsodium

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

COMPLEX TOOLS...Worked like a charm on NG and 007 EoN.  Change the >0< to a >1< and no problems running from the HD.......plus point the XML file to your music folder to hear some tunes while you Back that ass up!

cowgabuger

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (PolarBearWY @ Mar 9 2004, 05:15 PM)

so, are you saying those "many people" are using private copies? the so "many people" that i'm stating is on this forum, and xbox-scene doesn't carry privacy disscussion in here so those people must have the original copies right? biggrin.gif

and of course, i got the original version too hehe biggrin.gifs...

Please rememeber...

"Xbox-Scene is a place where you help out other people having their original Backups copy successfully"

- A little quote from Bill Gate The 5th...

lowsodium

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Backup
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (munkie66686 @ Mar 9 2004, 05:37 PM)
I got 007 to work using dvd2xbox and the patch to play it off the HD

Where are the >0< and >1< things your saying to change??

Complex Tools patches it all and makes it work flawlessly.  In the XML file, the 1 states to patch all necessary files automatically.  You will see it in the Complex Tools folder after acquiring it from the usual places.
Pages: [1] 2 3