xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Craxtion 3.0  (Read 534 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2003, 03:01:00 PM »

FEF - not ready yet, taking longer than imagined and I am working on some other stuff (real work). 

Understood!

For the people having problems... Just a side note:
I have NEVER had problems running VB apps due to "dependancy" problems. Why? Simple, I installed Visual Studio 6... biggrin.gif I know it is "overkill", but you will never have a problem with a VB app again  wink.gif

sulfur

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2003, 03:50:00 PM »

dry.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »

i was think that might have been a problem, but i was about to download it, buts its 195mbs,

Like I said, it is "overkill", as vb6 runtimes and a current version of IE give you most of the dependancies, but heh, if you have VB installed you won't have problems running vb programs  jester.gif

sulfur

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (sulfur @ Nov 19 2003, 08:29 PM)
"Invaild Arugment passed! ISOCraxtion usage -x iso_name_to_extract_to"

i'm still getting that error, just reinstall visual basic 6...

feflicker

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2003, 05:19:00 PM »

That particular error was something in the registry if I remember correctly... If you already cleaned your registry of "craxtion", then ????

Kash

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »

Hi Leppper, Its kash anyways, Ive been using your 1.3 or 1.4 craxtion and ive been happy with that, but I recently downloaded the 3.0 version, what happened to the GUI? I thought that was the best part of craxtion...

anyways, I assume you switched your coding from Visual Basic to Java or C++ it seems, but the GUI was a great feature and I would like to see that in future builds ...

Sorry if someone else has posted a similar message already, im not very patient right now..

-Kash

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2003, 03:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Nov 22 2003, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Nov 19 2003, 04:53 PM)
1) No, that's fine, I understood that, my concern was more with :-

2) The directories go missing after the .iso is created, to explain better : If I have a dir called xbox and within it are directories a , b and c I drag these into the multigame box, they are patched and the .iso is created, it looks like when they are moved back that occasionally 1 goes missing(!) so I end up with (for the sake of argument a and c but b  has gone (completely, it's not in the craxtion temp folder either). I'm not running across drives, but Craxtion, the unpacked xbox files and the .iso are all on a network drive, could that be the cause?

It's no big deal, but it's kind of annoying.

OK, I need to look into it further but it looks as though EVERY time I create an image Craxtion deletes the smallest (in bytes) directory sad.gif

As previously stated, I'm running across a network drive (although both craxtion and the xbox game directories are on the same drive) with windows XP (pro)
Anything else you need to know ?

I honestly have no thoughts on why this could be happening but I will look into it and try to figure something out.  You are Transfering between two Networked Computers right?

Thanks

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2003, 04:01:00 AM »

Sulfer and Kash

I believe the solution to your problems can be found in this thread HERE

Let me know if you have any problems with it.  You might either need to clean the craxtion out of your registry, install the solution.rar or registry your .ocx's.

Sorry for the delay.

LepPpeR

sulfur

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

wow! the rar fixed it. thanks.

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Joshua Wood @ Nov 11 2003, 09:34 PM)
Twice now, I've made the iso, but when I've burnt the image only 1 of the 2 games shows in the menu

Same here, tried it the same way, and only 2 of the 3 ISO's I added was showing. The only difference is that I am positive that I added the three of them. I do not know what could it be. Any suggestions will be really apreciated.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2003, 10:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Nov 26 2003, 02:36 AM)
QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Nov 25 2003, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Nov 22 2003, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Nov 19 2003, 04:53 PM)
1) No, that's fine, I understood that, my concern was more with :-

2) The directories go missing after the .iso is created, to explain better : If I have a dir called xbox and within it are directories a , b and c I drag these into the multigame box, they are patched and the .iso is created, it looks like when they are moved back that occasionally 1 goes missing(!) so I end up with (for the sake of argument a and c but b  has gone (completely, it's not in the craxtion temp folder either). I'm not running across drives, but Craxtion, the unpacked xbox files and the .iso are all on a network drive, could that be the cause?

It's no big deal, but it's kind of annoying.

OK, I need to look into it further but it looks as though EVERY time I create an image Craxtion deletes the smallest (in bytes) directory sad.gif

As previously stated, I'm running across a network drive (although both craxtion and the xbox game directories are on the same drive) with windows XP (pro)
Anything else you need to know ?

I honestly have no thoughts on why this could be happening but I will look into it and try to figure something out.  You are Transfering between two Networked Computers right?

Thanks

Sort of, I'm running Craxtion on computer A, but it and the unpacked xbox games are on computer B. The finished .iso is also on computer B. Computer A is only used to actually run craxtion, there is no data on it (for the purposes of this discussion)

Also, it doesn't happen everytime (contrary to my last post) I just had a run where it did it 3 times in a row sad.gif
But I did a 2 game disk and both directories were restored to their original positions smile.gif

I appreciate the time you are obviously spending on this LepPpeR, but it really is no big deal (I just need to pull the files back from the disk if the .iso doesn't work for any reason).

Everything helps me figure out what is going on.  Thanks for your time and support.

If you have having problems with Multigame Discs - try just using the simple menuX theme if you are not already doing so.  I am looking into this but cann replicate the problem.

Thanks

mwja418

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »

also im sorry forgot to add this I would of edited my last post to inclede this but did not see the edit option.ok when I go to create a multigame disc for exp my backups from orignal games need for speed gives me a error message that states this is not a valid xdvdfs iso.

MR-MV

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

I HAVE CREATED SEVERAL ISO'S WITH CRAXTION BUT HAVE RUN INTO THE PROBLEM THAT THE ISO ENDS UP MISSING FILES.  i HAVE CAMPARED THEM TO THE ORIGINAL AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY ITS DOING THIS.  HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEM.

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2003, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Nov 14 2003, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (area151 @ Nov 12 2003, 08:03 PM)
I must say that I have had an issue with making a 3 game disk with craxtion 3.10. All my other 3 game disks worked fine before updating to 3.10. Now for some reason the 3rd game on the menu doesnt want to boot but works fine if I launch it with boxplorer. I have tried multiple ways of these 3 games, even using the mxm default.xbe. Actually when I use the mxm default.xbe the disk wont boot at ALL. So for now im stuck only making 2 game disks.

not sure why this is happening.  I have not changed anything regarding MenuX or its components and have simply upgraded to the current release of MXM.

MXM is still compatiable with MenuX as far as I know and am not sure why you would get a problem with the third game on any disc.  

Is anyone else having this problem?  This is the first to my knowledge

LepPpeR

Ok, my problem is similar but not exactly the same.

I've been trying to burn this 2 multigame disks and I always get the same results.

For some unknown reason, whenever burn it, not just some files or the smaller file but all the files in one of the folders (always the last one on the multigame disk) are missing.

What I mean by this, is that if I am burning a game with game1, game2, and game3 the folder "game3" is in the disk, but there is absolutly no files in it. None of the two disk I've tried to burn ware exeding the 3.4 Gigs and my HDD had something around 25 gigs free.

And I am guessing that the missing files in the last folder is the reason why whenever I poped in the burned disk it took my xbox probably from 4 to 8 minutes to read the menus and settings. This happens if I'm adding ISO's or Folders indifferently. I've tried both of the options on Craxtion 3.1, Menu X and MXM getting the same result with eitherone.

Some of my games are getting scratches and I want to back 'em up but I don't want to waste an entire DVD-R with a 1 Gb game.  tongue.gif

Is there any solution to that LepPpeR or anybody that have had the same problem?

I would apreciate very much any suggestions.   sad.gif

HEEEEEEEEELP ME PLEASE!!!!  <--- Dramatic isn't it?.... just kidding.   biggrin.gif

oh... I forgot to add that I have checked the ISO's, with the ISO explorer provided in Craxtion, or the folders, and those files ware right in there!

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
Craxtion 3.0
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »

By the way... in my case it is not just the 3rd folder. I said I've been trying to burn a couple of multigame disks. One of them with 3 games, the other one with just 2. The second game2 in the 2 game disk has an empty folder too.  Too weird for me to figure out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15