xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: New Craxtion Coming.  (Read 570 times)

bebbeb

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

I get an error with the older versions when I try to add an image to a multigame file or music. Any ideas why or how to fix?

Megadeth

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »

Leppper did you get a chance to see my suggestion and is there any chance of that making it into the new release before it comes out. Any update on when you'll be releasing it.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

For the people who wanted it - I have released a Semi-work in Progress (Version 2.4)

---You can download it from http://craxtion.xbox-scene.com -------

Since this is a Work In Progress - I need bug reports in which you can post in this topic and I will check back.

Let me know what you think too,

-----Whats New LepPpeR?----

IsoExplorer:
    - View Contents of ISO file
    - Extract individual Files from ISO
    - List Contents of ISO file to a text file

ISO/XBE Patcher:
   - Patch Default.Xbe file inside ISO

Iso Creation/MenuX WUizard/MXM Wizard:
   Option to Auto-Patch XBE and ISO files when added

Updated version of MXM

Menu-X Wizard:
   Option for using MXM Default.XBE file with Menu-X Discs.

-----There you have it----Now get to work and let me know what you think-----

chilin_dude

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2003, 02:04:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
leppper anyway of being able to add files to a iso on the fly?
Edit:
Not sure if its meant to be able to but the iso explorer can't register a backed up disk when it is in my pc drive... XIso can do this and its a great feature...possible to implement?

stanelie

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

Bug.

When I get to the end of the MenuX creation wizard, after adding .ISOs and naming menu items, I get to the options where I can set the background image and loading image.

As soon as I load the second image, no matter the order, the program freezes.

Any ideas?

Stan

Xeero

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2003, 06:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Aug 21 2003, 06:04 AM)
Love the iso explorer  biggrin.gif
leppper anyway of being able to add files to a iso on the fly?

This is a bit more difficult than simply replacing a file with one of the exact same size and filename length, which is what xISO is capable of AFAIK.  Simple file-swapping requires no changes to the ISO header, so it's simply.  Injecting files requires alterations to multiple other parts of the ISO to reflect these changes, so it is a bit more difficult.  I have confidence that LepPpeR can pull it off, but be patient.

Not sure if its meant to be able to but the iso explorer can't register a backed up disk when it is in my pc drive... XIso can do this and its a great feature...possible to implement?

My understanding is that right now it is only meant to "explore" ISO files.  Handling a removable medium must be very similar, though.  Perhaps LepPpeR can experiment with a mounted ISO for future releases in order to view backups directly.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

It is extremely difficult to add files into an .ISO due to its complexity.  I would need to change the whole structure of the ISO.  If you want information on what I did, you can look at the following document ( http://xbox-linux.so...d=2002173060135 ).  I took that document and turned it into an ISO Explore feature in Craxtion.  It was a giant pain in my ass, I did it more for my self just for to let my self know I could do it.  I did not ask for outside help (this is LepPpeR Showing off).

anyway,  I do not know about adding an ISO, Yursoft (XISO) went drastically wrong when he tried and although I probably will play around with it, no promises.

Second, The FTP is more complicated than it seems.  I am and have been working on it for a while yet.  I will make no promises that it will work, But I am hoping that it wil.

Third,  I am working on shell extentions like the ones found in SimpleX

Four - and yes, I am trying to make an all in one GOD LIKE program.  That was not my intentions from the start but is now.

----Still more to come

--LepPpeR

vidgms4me

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

Looks great!  

How are the other ISO features progressing?  (LepPpeR knows what I mean).

LepPpeR

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2003, 05:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (pdmx @ Aug 26 2003, 08:05 AM)
Hi. I have a little problem using Craxtion 2.4 patcher. I try to patch evil.iso (it's 1.8gb>) and Craxtion says:  Run Time error '9'   subscript out of range.
any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I tried to patch Madden 2k4 (it's 3.8gb) and I didnìt receice any error.....

What game is it, I would have to look into it.  I cannot *obviously* test it with every game but i would like to know what causes the error on that particular ISO.  Are you sure it is a *REAL XBOX ISO*.  Let me know, I am curious.

Xeero

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »

Does this happen everytime you try to patch evil.iso?  Patching an ISO consumes huge amounts of memory.  Try closing some applications that use a lot of memory and try again.

ylsf

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2003, 08:45:00 AM »

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to only have the main game files show up under the menu system.  I guess by using the "long" normal method to creat an MXM disc you can specify which files are used.  I have compiled an ISO and there were 3 demos on the DVD before the main games...

Any details on how to do this (or added option in future versions) would be great.

Xeero

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (ylsf @ Aug 26 2003, 12:45 PM)
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to only have the main game files show up under the menu system.  I guess by using the "long" normal method to creat an MXM disc you can specify which files are used.  I have compiled an ISO and there were 3 demos on the DVD before the main games...

Any details on how to do this (or added option in future versions) would be great.

If the demos are before the games in the image, then the games will be toward the exterior of the disc and will have better performance.  I'd recommend you leave it like it is.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (unlikely @ Aug 26 2003, 11:39 AM)
Is your new version backward compatible with your older versions?

I have an ISO that I need to patch, but I made it with Craxtion on the 20th.  I downloaded the newer version on the 21st (because the program told me to) and now when I try to patch it, it gives me an error and kicks me out.  I tried to use ISO explorer and it show's everything all scrambled.

Do I need to recreate the ISO again?

Nothing was changed with the process of creating and or extracting ISO's.  I am not sure what the problem could be but I would suggest re-creating the ISO and see what happens.  what do you mean when you say "Scrambled"

LepPpeR

pdmx

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2003, 11:35:00 AM »

Hi, I tried closing all apps running on my pc but I allways receive this error with   wam-evil.iso     (I checket it and it's a real Xbox iso)   same error with   r-altech.iso  (alter echo from Riot)  Craxtion says: Run time error '6' Overflow.  Same with cs-sybe.iso  (Syberia) or PX-CLUB2.ISO (midnight club 2).

MOD EDIT:  Gee, it's a shame that none of those ISOs of pirated games work.  I'll blame the release groups, not Craxtion.  In the future, please refrain from asking us for support for games you've stolen.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
New Craxtion Coming.
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (unlikely @ Aug 26 2003, 01:22 PM)
Nothing was changed with the process of creating and or extracting ISO's. I am not sure what the problem could be but I would suggest re-creating the ISO and see what happens. what do you mean when you say "Scrambled"

Well when I used the ISO explorer to view any ISO made with your new version, it's all clean and tells me exactly what is in the ISO.  It also lets me patch the ISO.

When I used the ISO explorer to view any ISO made with the previous version,  the only thing that shows up are Hearts, Smileyfaces, #, !.  Kinda like when you use notepad to open an .EXE file.  And when I try to patch any ISO it says Run Time error '9' subscript out of range. And then closes down the program.

Well, I will look into this as I am not sure what would cause this but I would suggest just making the ISO with the current version from here on out.  Thanks for the feedback
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6