xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The Complete Guide To Producing , Extracting, And  (Read 885 times)

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
The Complete Guide To Producing , Extracting, And
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2002, 06:53:00 AM »

Hey HSDEMONZ great computlation work....  Thankx for all u'r time spend on it....

I was just wondering if u ever got around to add what u learned about "Multi-Game Disk Making (multiple methods.. including BenJeremy's)"  I am getting into Multi-Game DVD's but I still have not found an uptodate tutorial for it...

I guess the best prog to use is the Latest Media X Menu....  If u have any links to tutorials or info on it.... or u could shed light on this please let me know.... here or PM me... Later

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2002, 04:05:00 PM »

Additions are coming.  Problem is reformatting them.. and uploading PICs to my WEB SITEs..  Time consuming.

Meanwhile... BenJeremy has made MANY posts regarding the multi game situation... do a search and I'm sure you'll find his posts comprehensive.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2002, 08:04:00 PM »

Thanks... it's nice to be appreciated.

Consider the GUIDE my way of giving back to XBOX-SCENE and XBOXHACKER.  Both are driving forces in the "scene", and are great gathering points for both NEWB, HACKERS, and DEVELOPERS alike.

Lurking in these sites in the early days gave me an incredible amount of info, and inspiration.  So many members were so helpful in the compilation of this info.. I'll never be able to thank them all.

Take the time to thank XANTIUM for a great SITE/FORUMS... and maybe consider saying thanks to the hard working MODS.  Without the board.. and the mods maintenance.. this guide surely wouldn't exist.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2002, 08:17:00 PM »

Well.. Using both WIN2000 or XP.. these error DON"T seem to show up.. an as reported before.. they are VB runtime errors.  Have you tried using these OS's?  Have you tried downloading VB libraries from MS?

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2002, 10:07:00 PM »

i have windows me and i tried downloading new vb files from MS.

Windows ME... user posted image

hmm..  I 'd have a clue then...  everyone else either seems to run this stuff on 2000/XP.. or quickly upgrades to it!

Post back in the OTHER thread where you started this discussion.. I'm sure more people will see it.. and someone can help us both.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2002, 07:28:00 AM »

Hmm.. this is a good Question...

Can you navigate to this DUDS using BOXPLORER?

Does EVOX see the GAME disk as all?.. or does EVOX see KNOWN or OPEN when the DUD is in the Drive (this asume EVOX DASH is installed.

What speed did you do the burns at? try lowering them to 1x.

Tried different media?  just cause some work don't mean all does...  no matter the cost of your media.. you may still have BAD media sometimes.  Fact of life.  Some think (but I've used 300 in a row.. blah blah...) so what.. doesn't mean your next 10 or twenty are below par in quality.

Firmware?  Tried the newest?  Sometimes downgrading firmaware is better depending on drive.

Honestly.. I'm stumped.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2002, 04:51:00 PM »

This is really incredible...  I've looked over your last few posts.. and it sounds like you are doing everything... the only thing that sticks out is the AOPEN DVD+RW drive you have.  I haven't heard any BAD things.. but then again.. I haven't heard much good about it either.

I suppose you could try PIO/UDMA settings.. but I don't think that will help in this case.. as you said previously.. these disks complete the burn process. and the PC says they are fine.  PIO/UDMA switching usually only helps those unable to complete the burn process period.

I think you may need to find out if there are FIRMWARE issues with your drive.  There are FIRMWARE issues with MANY drives.. especially the new faster unints.. and many of the + RW drives.

Wish I had more advice to offer.

painkiller

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2002, 07:02:00 AM »

Hey HSDEMONZ,

I have a good one..... 4Gb, Extracted the rar file and made a iso with Xiso v.0.9.1 YURSOFT.
Burned it with Alcohol 120% at 1 speed. Now trying with with other games.

The iso's i extracted to 'rar' files, are extracted with an older version of Xiso could the problem be in de extraction programm ? Maybe it has something to do with CRC ?

GrEeTz

icepik_69

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2002, 12:23:00 PM »

hey guys, GREAT WORK on the guides, i am kinda confused on a few things though, im gettin my xbox tommorow and my XODUS chip is in the mail, but i cant seem to get this burning thing planned out perfectly for my first attempt.

I read HSDEMONZ's guide and it's great but the part about burning to CD-R(w)'s has gotten me quite confuzzled, why do u want to convert the ISO to another format if you've already got one that's burnable to CD-R(w)????

And i'm sure most games are over 650mb(rw) or 700mb®, so how exactly do I burn all those files onto seperate discs??? well actually i think i sorta got that part, BUT do i have to then copy each disk to the XBOX's HDD? cuz i was not planning on adding another HDD along with the default HDD and if so, this method will not work for me. So for all us guys out there who dont have a DVD-RW or the money to get one, AND don't want to add another hard drive to our XBOX, what can we do to play burnt games????

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work guyz :rolleyes:                                      

GRiFFBALL

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2002, 03:59:00 PM »

hsdemonz i think u should write some info on downsampling, it would make a great addition to the tut
up to now its great thanx

xxALxx

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2002, 06:57:00 AM »

Well tried the CDR method, it works fine for me.

XBox = Version 1.1 with Philips Drive
PC = Win XP, Liteon 24x10x40 CDRW (Latest Firmware), D-Tools 3.26, Clone CD 3.3.4.1, Fireburner 2.1.7

CDR = Datasafe 40x Silver Premium

Will test other types of CDR and amend post.

oh and a big thanks to HSDEMONZ  beerchug.gif

rawland

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2002, 02:46:00 PM »

This is probably a dumb question, but I am new to this process.  I take it you must use a DVD burner to make the disks, but can use CDR media in the DVD Burner?  You can't just use a CD Burner?

Thanks

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2002, 04:01:00 PM »

You may use a...

DVD-RW to burn CDR, CDRW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW

DVD+RW to burn CDR, CDRW, DVD+R and DVD+RW

DVD + & - RW combo, can do ALL of the Above! (SONY)

Many units can also read an write DVD-RAM (no good for XBOX)

Hope this helps.

BTW.. try some of the CDR techniques.  They may not work for you.. but you have nothing to lose!

erexx

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2002, 08:39:00 PM »

HSDEMONZ:
Awesome info.
I must live under a rock.
I am not worthy!
Thank you.

This post has been edited by erexx: Dec 27 2002, 04:40 AM

samrouche

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2002, 09:26:00 AM »

Bravo for this guide HsDemonz !

I have gone through it without any errors and my burns on either CD-R or CD-RW (with a Samsung SW-212B recorder) haven't given anything, my Xbox still can't read anything which is unnerving since I'd like at least to get the Evox dashboard booted to enable multi-region DVDs hehe.
Welllll I'll keep trying with different medias I guess ! Happy new year !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8