xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: DVD Burners  (Read 49 times)

{BeTa}

• Archived User
DVD Burners
« on: July 08, 2002, 09:32:00 AM »

For a long time I have had a PS2 and a Xbox but never could afford a DVD burner. Finnaly, I have saved up anoff money to buy one. I havn't seen any post or FAQ on the site about this but maybe you guys can help me. So far, it seems all DVD burners ONLY burn (-), so does that mean basically I will be able to make pure copies of all PS2 games and XBOX games, but DVD movies I will be unable to burn(since most are (+)) If that is true ... fine - it's k. So which DVD burner should I get. I already have a Sony 32x 10x 40x burner so I dowt I will need a burner that also does CD's... maybe there some adv. to it that I don't see. Would you guys recommend the a04 =)

Thank you for your help... I been out of it for the last year so I need some refreshing.

MrFlooD

• Archived User
DVD Burners
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 10:25:00 AM »

Get the A04 it cant be beat

BEVEL

• Archived User
DVD Burners
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 05:02:00 PM »

not true,
Ive read that most xbox consoles work with +R also.
And if they dont, you can always replace the Xbox DVD player with our own DVD player. This way it surely should read DVD+R.

DVD+R drives are able to burn at higher speeds, but DVD-R disks are cheaper... that basicly sums up all important differences.