xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Sound But No Picture!?  (Read 303 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Help! Sound But No Picture!?
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »

boot your console with a recovery disk like hexen. "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"

Wait like a minuet or so for it to start properly.
if you get in to hexen and can see the screen and stuff then itd probably a dash board/xbmc error  and hexen can help you reinstall them..

if you dont see hexen you may want to try the enigmavideo mode switch, you can do this blind and some one els can tell you how because i dont ave the time to go check where all the settings are..

if this still does not fix it. you may want to consider that your av cable may be broken. and if you could borrow some one elses to test that theory it would be a good place to start.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »

First thing I would do is try it with another cable.  

What type of cable are you using? If Component some also have SD connections too so include a mode switch. There's a possibilty it could have been accidentally tripped.

Also what were you doing in the previous session prior to the problem?

jimboslice27

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

Hey! yesterday, I was playing on my xbox with no problems at all, but later on in the day, I turned it on and there was no more video output. I tried several tv's with all having the same problem (and some also having no sound) and I let it cool off for a while, but it is still giving me grief. The xbox works fine it just does not have picture. I've searched all over google but of course these days most people only care about the 360 so it makes this tough. Also, I am using the standard AV cables (Red, White, Yellow) and have a softmodded xbox that starts up with xbmc. How can I fix this problem? Give it time? new cables? xbox is broken? Towel trick? Please help.

Thank you for your time