xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 480p With Scart Or Not? What Else Do I Need? Patching Game, Program Or  (Read 244 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User

HeXen doesn't "patch the BIOS for HD video". It walks you through enabling HD in the eeprom, after you have enabled NTSC.

If your XBMC doesn't have the HD options available then your Xbox isn't in NTSC mode, or you don't have a HD capable cable connected.

You can't enable HD with a composite SCART adapter - you need a component or a genuine HD SCART adapter.

S-Video doesn't have lower quality than SCART. SCART is a connector that can carry many types of signal, some better than S-video, some worse.

Guessing about an Xbox being able to output 480p over SCART on the basis of what a WII can do is, frankly, barking mad.

So, get a proper HD cable, switch your Xbox to NTSC, enable the HD modes from XBMC, then come back with any residual problems you may have.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
480p With Scart Or Not? What Else Do I Need? Patching Game, Program Or
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

I'd be interested to hear more about that 480p over SCART Wii statement. That's something I've never read anybody claim before.

Re: Xbox:-

As Heimdall says if you're not using a ED/HD capable connection ie. RF, Composite, S-Video or SCART including RGB via SCART the Xbox detects that it is using a SD (Standard Definition only) cable. Depending on the dashboard it will then 'grey' out, not provide or disable the ED/HD (Enhanced Definition/High Definition) options no matter what region is set.