xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Audio/video Output On Lcd Monitor  (Read 226 times)

grogel

• Archived User
No Audio/video Output On Lcd Monitor
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(grogel @ Apr 3 2011, 06:13 PM) View Post

I have come across a unique error. First my info: xbox - 1.6a chipped.

I have had this box for a while and have been enjoying non-hd output on my 720p/1080i LCD monitor. Just recently I decided to craft a component cable to make full use of the hd capabilities of the xbox. All was well for the time being. I could get a 1080i signal from the box and was overjoyed by the overall sharpness.

Today I decided to upgrade the hard drive to a larger model and all went as planned. I tested the component cables on another one of my lcd monitors and it worked just fine. Upon replugging the component cables into my main monitor I came to the unfortunate sight of "No Signal" from the monitor. I grew worried at this point. I unplugged my system and moved it to an old rear projection tv we have (which also has component in) and was greeted with evox's dashboard. Phew.

For experimental purposes I plugged the component cables from a 360 into the main lcd monitor and it displayed just fine.

The error is on the part of the xbox, not the monitor.

I have not encountered an error like this before and was wondering if anyone has any insight as to what the problem could be. Here are my guesses in order of preference.

1. The main lcd monitor cannot detect the 1080i/720p/480p signal for some reason.

2. The MCPX (?) video chip is going out. (Please god NO)

Let me know if extra information is needed.

This problem has been fixed. I decided to just shell out 10 USD for a professionally made cable.

This topic can be deleted since it does not really help anyone.

karen123456

• Archived User
No Audio/video Output On Lcd Monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »

It's very glad to read that,thanks.pellet mill