xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 No Audio + No Video Out  (Read 122 times)

tbsnc99

• Archived User
1.6 No Audio + No Video Out
« on: September 12, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

what happened before your box died? might give us a clue but sounds like its dead soz the dvd gets power off the pcb so it is sort of working dose it light up or frag ? lights flashing red and green etc?

peteec

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

thanks for the reply,i'd taken the dvd out to clean the laser as it was stuttering on games,and when i put it back together it wouldn't switch on,i then found the article about the transitor fix so i've done that and it now powers on fine but i get no video/audio displyed/heard,hoever the tv picture does' flicker when the box is powered on as if it's just about to pop the picture up!,the box doesn't frag,it just starts as nomal (stay's green) but nothing!,if i swap the hard drive for another i have here or unplug the a/v cable then the box does frag,so i guess that part of it is working ok!!!!
thanks again

Ryansc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »

Ok im having the same problem on a 1.6 that i also did the transistor fix since some one put the mb in a 1.3 case..   I was given the board since they thought it was dead.    they also SCREWED up the lpc ports..

I fixed the transistor and it worked stock.. i put it into an asBag to keep it safe.
it was in a box for about a month since i didnt have a case PS or any time..

about a week ago i went to LLAMMA to get some parts. i put it all together and did the wire install for a xecuter 2.6 ( since the lpc is bad)

I now dont get any video or sound when it is on. ( there is no frag and the eject works) i can put  a pre flashed chip on there with a prepared harddrive and i can get it to run XBMC where i can ftp or htp..  ( but still no video or sound)

i tryed to use the Enighma thing  where it changes the video ( i dont know why it would have changed.)   but i dont know if i did it correctly..

I am assuming that there might be somthing wrong with a transistor or resistor for the video/ sound   (that must have broke or screwed up at some time from fixing it - to getting it rdy for a new system)  

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP.... I dont know what else i should do..

peteec

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

there seems to be some sort of common fault wth the video/audio on 1.6's,seen this reported in many places.... just borowed my mates advanced a/v scart to see if it was something to do with video mode settings,and when i switch the box on my tv flickers and switches to wide screen mode!!!!,could this box somehow be stuck in HD mode or something like that???? something my tv can't display,i've read about that if HD mode is selected then the compostie no longer has an output,does this sound right?
any ideas how i could possibley try and reset the video display back to defaults?
Really annoying coz other than no display/audio the box appears to work fine,try's reading dvd's hard spins up etc and no frag's what so ever!!!!!

damm you MS!

Ryansc

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

I hope this is somthing i can fix soon...   I need to get this other box running...

Im gonna try to dink around with it tonight.

I will tell you if i found anything that might help...

any one else that has some answers  PLEASE reply..

Ryansc

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »

hey do you get video at all when the scart is pluged in??   or does it just change the screen to HD but no vid/sound still?  

Ryansc

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

ok, well i puged in the rg6  coaxial adapter into my xbox and tryed it on the antenna in on my computers video capture card..  it says  "no signal" i tryed using pal, and some other tv standards.. none had a signal or video.. im sure its gotta be somthing got desolderd or broken off the board...

if any one know what i sould test with my Multi Meter.. please tell me.

Ryansc

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

OK>>>>   I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!

Here Is what i did...   when i was looking over the motherboard i found that it was missing the filter for the video and audio...
the whole thing was gone..

here are the pictures..

My 1.6 Missing the filter.
user posted image

My Broken 1.0 with filter.
user posted image

So i carefully desoldered as much solder from the pads as i could,  using fine desoldering braid.

then i took a very thin piece of wire..  about the thickness of hair.. and slid it under it..  BE VERY VERRY VERRRRRRRRY careful, it is very brittle it is made up of a bunch of tiny wires (1/2 the size of your hair.)  wrapped around the unit.. so be careful.. if you arnt good at soldering get help.. or practace removing items from old junk..

now to solder it back onto your motherboard... i put extra solder on the pads. since there isnt any way to get access to the actual joint  i just heated up the pad and droped the victim on to the molten solder.

now it looks factory...  and works Beautfully!!!!!

SO IF ANY ONE NEEDS TO FIX THIS I HOPE IT HELPS YOUR SITUATION>