xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xbox Audio/Video Technical FAQ / Resource Links  (Read 161 times)

vedderaxl

• Archived User
Xbox Audio/Video Technical FAQ / Resource Links
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »

Hi,  I just got a used HDTV pack coz I want an optical audio out. I thought it had a normal video output port. It turned out it only had component video out. Is there a way to hack it to also output normal video for a regular TV. I really just want normal video and optical audio out.  

stevie_mac

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (vedderaxl @ Apr 23 2004, 12:14 PM)
Hi,  I just got a used HDTV pack coz I want an optical audio out. I thought it had a normal video output port. It turned out it only had component video out. Is there a way to hack it to also output normal video for a regular TV. I really just want normal video and optical audio out.

Maybe - perhaps this will help ?

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=213487

Looks as though internally on the MS HDTV unit (according to diagram) that pins 11+12 and 13+14 will be linked and 9+10 open circuit.

If you reverse this (11+12 and 13+14 open and 9+10 short), you should get Standard AV! (hope i'm reading this right!)

Good luck

DarkLegion

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (-Zou- @ Apr 19 2004, 11:35 AM)

Simply because some games/apps dont work with the tatx or Pixel8 bios

Are you implying that the vga bios is not required when using this method,or did I read what you said wrong?
That would be damn useful,particularly when I get a decent monitor.I'll rig up the dreamcast along with this as it has fantastic vga output and is easy to hack.

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

What will give the best quality for linux and games? I have been told its the VGA adaptor but I've also told its unreliable and not worth it.

Thanks
lewis

psxpirate1

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

Is there a way to convert a vga bios a "boot from media bios"?

brian

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

Has anyone done a version of the tutorial with pictures? I'm confused about what goes where and what to do about the audio cables and the like, I assume you make them seperate from the red cable then put the chip circuitry on the video points of the AVIP plug, but I don't know, so that's why i'm asking.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (DarkLegion @ Jun 9 2004, 03:38 PM)
Are you implying that the vga bios is not required when using this method,or did I read what you said wrong?

I've been hearing the following questions:

"If I make a VGA Cable, do I need a VGA BIOS?"
"If I tap the internal H/V-sync signals, do I still need a VGA BIOS?"

This has been asked over and over again (I count at least three times between the Xbox A/V Technical Forum and the Xbox BIOS Forum. The answer is "Yes, you need/still need the VGA BIOS. Someone more qualified should give a brief explanation about why it's still needed. My explanation for it is basically "the cable won't help jack without the BIOS" just doesn't explain it very well.

Also, thanks to junkmonkey, there's hope for all Xboxes with the Conexant chip (1.0-1.3) for having VGA support. If you didn't catch the post over in the Xbox BIOS forum, he hacked a version of iND-BiOS to include this feature. Despite the fact that it's still "beta" and an unofficial hack, the size of the BIOS is 256KB since it isn't based off of a debug BIOS.

Furthermore, Yoshi from Gueux'NeT has a similar hack for 1.4 Xboxes. This is also "beta" but more or less official. The bad news is the BIOS is 1,024KB in size, though I'm not sure if the specific version of the BIOS is based off of a debug BIOS or not.

james blind 009

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »

how do u know what your xbox hardware version is? :uhh:  

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 05:42:00 AM »

jessedude

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

My friend tripped over the controller wires and the xbox came crashing down. So I tried putting in the av cord in the back and it went in, but when I turned it on orange and green lights started flashing. So I looked in the back and the copper things in the port thing were pushed in. Is that supposed to be like that, and if it isnt what can I do to fix it uhh.gif  uhh.gif

almirf

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

Friend Brahm2

im dont have a capoture card!!
im have a xbox 1.6 and in this version i can capture images of my xbox ?

how i can capture videos and  screenshots running of softwares/games of my xbox ?

WBAGAM

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

thanx for da help

Major_Woody

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 12:01:00 AM »

is there a way to transfer the music on the xbox harddrive onto a pc???

Kandyii

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »

Hi all,

Has anyone had any problems with sound when MP3's and a slideshow of pics are played together?  The slideshow plays on OK but the song gets all scrabbled up for some reason.

I have the Xecuter 2 lite and X2 4083.06 bios installed. And I have the EVO-X 3935 dashboard installed. The app is XBMC.

Could this be a problem with the XBMC? Hardware?  Is there another application out there I could try to dignose this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Kandy.

Kandyii

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

I think I may have solved my own problem.  I have found a newer copy of the XBMC on the FTP site of xbmp.uk.xbins.org and installed that on to my xbox and so far it's good, touch wood.

May be I had a duff copy of the XBMC.

B)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4