xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Linux And Dashboards  (Read 145 times)

Musashi

• Archived User
Question About Linux And Dashboards
« on: July 29, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »

You dont need to downgrade your dashboard, use Ndure, the las I remeber is it will backup ur original dash,... correct me if im wrong, i dont use Ndure since Imade a custom softmod install thats quite off date hehe.  If u got any questions pm me my friend, cheers

mackay22

• Archived User
Question About Linux And Dashboards
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »

I have installed XDSl on my harddrive, within the apps section and I simply load it from the apps menu or from the XBMC Programs menu.
It installs somewhere in a folder called KNOPPIX and if you download XDSL the readme file is quite straightforward, it will tell you how to install it like I have done.

Alternatively I know most of the Xbox Linux distros run off a disk too, only all I've done like that is load the linux (both Xubuntu and XDSL) disk on my xbox, and played with the programs, I never did any saving or downloading off a live disk so not sure where it would save it etc.  Shouldnt be a problem though saving and stuff.

Linux on the Xbox is cool, snip a controller cable and wire up a USB cable and USB hub straight off your game plug, no need to hardwire a usb port or anything, then you got Keyboard and Mouse etc!!  (of course hard usb ports look cool though!)

ps - sorry, yes I havent had to do anything like downgrade my dash or kernel, just worked all good for me!