xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Best Dashboard  (Read 893 times)

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« on: March 09, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »

Come on guys, I have been wondering which is the dominant dash. I personally use UnleashX and in my opinion, it is the best. I'd like to hear other opinions. Please, no flaming because this is ONLY our opinion! I only added other just to see what other people have as their dash. Who knows what someone could have as their default dash! Since I can't edit the poll now, an example of "Other" could be X-Select.  B)

This post has been edited by Master-Chief on Mar 10 2004, 03:13 AM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 06:28:00 AM »

MxM all the way

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »

UnleashX has my Vote and the votes of all my buddies that have xboxes as well.. All the dashes are excellent work... but when I'm setting up a new box for a friend.. UnleashX takes all the guess work out of it for me and them both...

beerchug.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (BloodyMary @ Mar 10 2004, 05:22 PM)
UnleashX has my Vote and the votes of all my buddies that have xboxes as well.. All the dashes are excellent work... but when I'm setting up a new box for a friend.. UnleashX takes all the guess work out of it for me and them both...

beerchug.gif

dude what happened to all your posts?

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Mar 10 2004, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (BloodyMary @ Mar 10 2004, 05:22 PM)

beerchug.gif

Well... I'm not exactly understanding what your asking.. but anyway.. just so everyone knows.. I'm not abandoning MXM.. at all.. I'm thirsting heavily for the next version... I've wanted a filemanager in mxm for so long.. I have I guess temporarily said goodbye to mxm, because I couldn't stand haveing to load a seperate ap everytime I wanted to use a filemanager..... I still miss all the great mxm skins.. but the 0.9.6n version of MXM (NOT ANY OF THE WIPS, which unfortunately, I don't/can't use) just doesn't cut it for me.  BenJeremy as always has great respect from me.. as compared to all the DEVS that I have read post from and communicated with, BenJeremy communicates at a level of maturity that is a step or two above the rest... and that I respect very much...

well.. enough rambling I guess... hope that answered your question, if not.. I guess I just didn't understand it...

CaTcHa

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

Probably meant where have all your yourwishismine posts have gone , one name for each personality ?, still saves on the prozac and valium if all 3 of you share the same prescription I spose , bet theres some real drama in the morning deciding who you are for the day :lol:  :jester:

This post has been edited by CaTcHa on Mar 11 2004, 03:16 AM

moistness

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

WOW!! Talk about landslide for UnleashX!! He must be proud!!

beerchug.gif

PENiX

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

Avalaunch is alright, i hate its menu tho....

MXM absolutely sucks tho, its not even like a dashboard. Its like a lame excuse for a dash.

UnleashX pwns  dry.gif

leisenstein

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

I voted Avalaunch, but I really haven't seen UnleashX yet.  I'll go home and try it tonight.

powerben5000

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

UnleashX has a nice blend of features from many of the top dashes, so it has my vote.  I especially love its skins.

We shouldn't forget XBMC though - it's coming along nicely and the IMDB and Weather functions are neat.  beerchug.gif

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (powerben5000 @ Mar 11 2004, 08:23 PM)
UnleashX has a nice blend of features from many of the top dashes, so it has my vote.  I especially love its skins.

We shouldn't forget XBMC though - it's coming along nicely and the IMDB and Weather functions are neat.  beerchug.gif

XBMP/XBMC = t3h same thing on the poll....  laugh.gif

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Mar 13 2004, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (powerben5000 @ Mar 11 2004, 08:23 PM)
UnleashX has a nice blend of features from many of the top dashes, so it has my vote.  I especially love its skins.

We shouldn't forget XBMC though - it's coming along nicely and the IMDB and Weather functions are neat.  beerchug.gif

XBMP/XBMC = t3h same thing on the poll....  laugh.gif

While that may be true.. they are 2 very different dashboard/media players.  Though they cover a lot of the same areas, they are different and maybe should have been included serpately.

Keltik

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

While that may be true.. they are 2 very different dashboard/media players. Though they cover a lot of the same areas, they are different and maybe should have been included serpately.

Very true I voted other and use XBMC - wouldn't use xbmp in a fit (great media player but not for my dash)

XBMC though is just the ticket in my house - There must be a few like me that is am old git (34) with a wife that doesn't want to mess around to play a game / play svcd / dvd / music - to be honest I don't want to load different apps either - as it is I can warch films (and look up info on them)- check weather - listen to Internet radio - watch TV streams from the 'net plus watch just about any format I want - ditto for music - oh and play my games

And if that weren't enough I can now move my files around.

Maybe you can tell I like it

My second pref has to go to MXM - great skins, background music & video previes for games

MaHoRo X

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

as i see when the tHc dasboard is the best, lets wait for the final version of it :( still in beta

stealeydan

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

evox i had that since xbox was chiped
but thought i try the others
mxm i did not like
avalanch i thought was ok
unleashx i thought very good

not tried the others just working my way through them
but up to now i would choose unleashX out of the 4
but evox over unleashX